Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2010, 08:50 PM

257 posts, read 507,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeyTheSloth View Post
Hey Lifer,

Thanks for the comments. To follow up:

So, do you mean that I should only expect a job in 2016 or 2017 at the earliest? It's a long time, but there's always things for me to do in the meantime.

What are these 30 days? Also, do you mean multiple 8 hr shifts -- as in, very early morning --- noon, then, on the same day, afternoon --- midnight? How long does this kind of grueling schedule last?

Out of town, where? And in what context -- what would I be doing outside of the 5 boroughs?

Thanks for all the comments, I'm still keeping my options open as far as teaching goes, but I definitely won't end up as a "regular" teacher -- maybe a para, or a literacy coach, at most.

Thanks again,
Alex.

if you have the time i wud def recommend reading as many of the posts you can from this and all of the past threads... its a lot to read but all your questions will be answered and im sure you will find out everything you want to know about this job and a lot more

Old 11-07-2010, 02:51 AM

257 posts, read 507,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDACURA71 View Post
Well I have a strategy just to see where we stand...if you are waiting on this class just email me your score with list number and by the end of the week I will post up what I received and where you would probably be in the top 100 give and take 1 or 3 because there would be gaps depending who doesn't reply, hondacura71@yahoo.com, other suggestions will be taken...best luck to all....
wuts this strategy that u got goin on over there... is it anything like the list nyhc123 made..... i would try and update it but none of us have gotten called for final yet and theres a lot of guys on the list that also havent gotten called yet that we havent herd from in a while

Old 11-07-2010, 03:12 AM

124 posts, read 214,879 times
No...i will put up what ever list number in order of whose in the 100 to get call and whose not...so if i got 200 numbers i will place the lowest number in the 100 and the rest afterwards..understand...?

Old 11-07-2010, 10:50 AM

7 posts, read 13,155 times
Default The new 100 hires... And the 100 Retitled / Demoted Foremen !

Do you already know what garages they're going to already? Or how many new bodies each garage will get citywide? My third question is will detached guys get their transfer in to their new garages? How do transfers alter the number of new hires a garage will receive? How does it work? Transfers first?

Old 11-08-2010, 10:54 AM

124 posts, read 214,879 times
Well so far I have list number V546 along with mine V664-V=Veteran...so thats 2 out of 350...

Old 11-08-2010, 12:32 PM

253 posts, read 540,071 times
Does anyone have the number for FBF?

Old 11-08-2010, 07:56 PM

184 posts, read 338,765 times
anyone know the turnaround time on the medical....did my on the 29th....list number is 87 so i am assuming i should be in the first class

Old 11-08-2010, 08:40 PM

14 posts, read 30,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faubs110 View Post
anyone know the turnaround time on the medical....did my on the 29th....list number is 87 so i am assuming i should be in the first class
I cant tell you how jealous I am of your list number. To answer your question it seems as if the only hold up would be the bloodwork and urine not taking into account any other serious medical conditions you may have put on your paperwork. Everything else you took was either pass fail on spot. This is just a guess but maybe this friday you should give them a call.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:19 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,059,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faubs110 View Post
I declined this job twice like a jerk....not this time around. My list number is 87 got my CDL and did my medical on the 30th. If I remeber right, the results took like 2 weeks to come in last time. I know they're in a rush for this class so does anyone know the approximate turn around time on the medical?
Guys like this(list slugs)are why the list moves so slow. Nothing personal, you have your reasons to pass it up twice. Life is a crap shoot, you roll the dice and hope it
works out for you. But the rules state that you have up to 3 chances to accept the employment offer.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:08 AM

231 posts, read 466,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Guys like this(list slugs)are why the list moves so slow. Nothing personal, you have your reasons to pass it up twice. Life is a crap shoot, you roll the dice and hope it
works out for you. But the rules state that you have up to 3 chances to accept the employment offer.

Yea, 3 chances, not necessarily 3 classes. After someone declines, they have to reinstate their number to be called again. People like you shouldnt criticize someone who did very well on a test and allowed them the opportunity to decline and still get hired before you. They earned that right by scoring well or getting the extra points for serving their country. Maybe these people who declined had something going on in their lives where they couldnt take the job when they were called, or maybe they just felt like going fishing that day. Its their choice, they earned it by paying the same fee you did to take the same test. They just did better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City