Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 01:43 PM

45 posts, read 111,435 times

Advertisements

i really want to go to Baruch CUNY but i applied and my SAT scores dont make me eligiable to attend. im still waiting to hear from York CUNY and Lehman CUNY. So my question is would it be possible to be able to transfer to Baruch after im already enrolled in school (would my SAT scores still be a problem?) what are your thoughts about York and Leman as schools.

also im 19 and ive been out of school for 2 yrs and want to major in business and marketing and if there is any advice you have for me id like to hear it.
thanx :]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 07:55 PM

91 posts, read 311,948 times
If you have your heart set on attending Baruch, then its best to attend another CUNY school. It will make it easier to transfer and you get to keep all your credits. Trying to transfer credits from another school outside the CUNY system is a huge pain in the behind.

As for Lehman vs. York, it really depends on the program. Lehman offers some good degrees in certain program areas, but I am not too sure about their business degree.

Good luck!

Old 05-18-2010, 08:50 PM

thanx! yea all 3 are CUNY schools. just trying to find some more info about york n lehman

Old 05-18-2010, 10:28 PM

467 posts, read 1,866,125 times
If you apply to transfer after 1-2 full semesters (that is, having grades for at least one, if not two semesters on your transcript before you apply), I don't think your SATs will matter as much at all compared to your grades. Get straight As and you'll have no problem. If you have your heart set on Baruch, make sure you take classes at whichever other CUNY school you go to that you know will transfer into Baruch's business program, and you can find equivalents on the CUNY website. Don't waste a few semesters somewhere else only to have to take similar classes over again.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:53 PM

thanx :]

Old 05-20-2010, 09:04 AM

412 posts, read 1,327,050 times
I work for CUNY and with the recession, now kids that used to go to the Ivy League school such as Yale, Harvard etc, their parents can't afford it anymore so guess where they are coming.

If you're scores weren't good enough to go to those 4 year colleges I suggest you try to go to either NYC Technology, or maybe a two year college.

Do a year, try to get a 2.0GPA or better than transfer.

CUNY has changed their requirements and are now being just as selective as other private schools.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:18 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,306,974 times
start off at a CUNY CC that way you can get the CPE and a few other painful/idiotic GER core requirements knocked out EARLY. This will make the transition to Baruch/Lehman/York much easier, you should easily be able to work your GPA to a 3.5 or higher with some hard work.

I know, I did it :-)

I agree with Cocoave, with the recession going on it seems like so many people flooded into CUNY schools. There are already problems with the infrastructure being strained (Esims freezing when hundreds of people are trying to register for classes) and overcrowding etc. and that was before the economy started to get in a deep rut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City