Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 01:17 PM

81 posts, read 175,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theundecidedone View Post
@millerm277: Thanks so much. I just wanted to make sure the roads were maintained within reason. The way I see it is I only will have to worry about it primarily from Feb-Mar ( I do not have to commute in from mid Dec-the end of Jan). During that time I think I will get snow tires put on. The length of time does not bother me, with Sirius XM it is probably more relaxing to be on the road than at home sometimes!

@chkthankgod: Thanks for the links. These would be good options if it were just me. However, my wife is pretty much 100% set on Ithaca. If it were just me I'd buy some land right now up on top of one of the hills and take advantage of the beautiful views all around the area, and enjoy the seclusion. However, my wife and are opposites, so Ithaca should keep her happy in her quest for yoga, organic food etc.
Having a vehicle with 4WD or AWD makes life a lot easier on the snowy hills, if you are looking to get a new vehicle I wouldn't buy one without it. Also, looking for housing on East or South hill will cut down on your commute time and are nice areas that are still very close to the center of Ithaca.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 02:01 PM

14 posts, read 30,803 times
I would definitely recommend either snow tires, or a 4WD or AWD with good all season tires. Most days you will not need them, but the 10-15 days you do, you'll be glad you did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York