Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 01:21 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,824,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Sure, but they aren't villages of 15-16,000 with the metro's only indoor mall, Wegmans and outside of Vestal Parkway and perhaps the Chenango Bridge area, has a relatively large concentration of big box shopping. In turn, you get people from various places in a metro that shop at the retail that is there. So, to use the village population to get a crime rate given the fact in regards to retail doesn't tell the whole story.
Statistics rarely tell the whole story. That has been my point here for years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 01:27 PM

93,350 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Statistics rarely tell the whole story. That has been my point here for years
That's why interpretation is important. Some actually give or offer that.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:55 PM

I give my opinions regularly here. I rarely give Googled stats. Different posting styles I guess.

Old 06-04-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
I give my opinions regularly here. I rarely give Googled stats. Different posting styles I guess.
Everything isn't Googled stats or research though. Did you know that about Johnson City in terms of retail? Do you know where it is located in the village? Do you know how the street much of it is located on got its name? Lastly, I would stay away from assuming anything or anyone you don't know anything about.

Old 06-04-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Everything isn't Googled stats or research though. Did you know that about Johnson City in terms of retail? Do you know where it is located in the village? Do you know how the street much of it is located on got its name? Lastly, I would stay away from assuming anything or anyone you don't know anything about.
Like I said in the past, if you weren't so negative toward me, I would have gone to Dinosaur or something to bury the hatchet. I think your statement goes both ways. I've also been accused of knowing nothing about NY or hating NY or worse things when nothing could be further from the truth.

That's why I said we have different posting styles.

Old 06-04-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Like I said in the past, if you weren't so negative toward me, I would have gone to Dinosaur or something to bury the hatchet. I think your statement goes both ways. I've also been accused of knowing nothing about NY or hating NY or worse things when nothing could be further from the truth.

That's why I said we have different posting styles.
To be honest, I don't look to get into that kind of stuff and I'm strictly about the post/poster asking for information. All of that other stuff is a distraction from the original purpose.

So, Back to those Johnson City questions.........

Old 06-04-2015, 03:14 PM

73 posts, read 89,641 times
stats = facts

Old 06-04-2015, 03:18 PM

you folks sound like the tourism board for new york state lmao "nothing to see here nope no crime nothings wrong nope nope nope come see our trees!" lol lol

Old 06-04-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetnews View Post
you folks sound like the tourism board for new york state lmao "nothing to see here nope no crime nothings wrong nope nope nope come see our trees!" lol lol
Not at all, but none of the sites, except for one you can't access, showed that Niagara Falls had the highest crime rate in the state.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Not at all, but none of the sites, except for one you can't access, showed that Niagara Falls had the highest crime rate in the state.

its one of the highest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York