Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 02:56 PM

765 posts, read 630,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
I work based out of NYC, with satellite offices Upstate and in NJ. Our company will not be renewing its lease in NYC, and that's VERY expensive leased floorspace. I believe they're going to open an office in NJ or remain Upstate only, whatever the head honchos decide. They're done with the BS. Endless lockdowns, rising crime, mask requirements, and the general state of the city are all reasons why.

NYC is getting destroyed. But DeBlasio said "we've been too nice" to people, "its time for mandates". As if he's God. F you, pal. Let's see how this all plays out. I wouldn't be surprised to see French style revolution soon.

Move out of the cities, people.
Ok, it's a major leap from "it's cheaper to wfh/rent is too high" to a freaking revolution and people abandoning cities! I like the city just fine, even if I do have to work from home indefinitely.

Old 07-29-2021, 02:58 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,845,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookashiny View Post
Ok, it's a major leap from "it's cheaper to wfh/rent is too high" to a freaking revolution and people abandoning cities! I like the city just fine, even if I do have to work from home indefinitely.

Not hoping for it, just wondering if it could happen if things get draconian.

Old 07-29-2021, 03:00 PM

765 posts, read 630,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Not hoping for it, just wondering if it could happen if things get draconian.
I really, really don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. And I think you and I really disagree over what constitutes draconian.

Old 07-30-2021, 01:56 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,464,420 times
The thing I don't understand is that Cuomo keeps preaching about how it's important to save lives during this pandemic. Yet somehow, he thinks it's a good idea to pack people into subways again everyday during rush hour right when the Delta variant is surging like crazy and hasn't even reached its peak yet?? Am I missing something?

Old 07-30-2021, 03:27 PM

8,948 posts, read 4,827,211 times
I guess his message is go get vaccinated and then return back to work in person.
That is his desire. Don't know if he has the authority to make it a command. lol.

Old 07-30-2021, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
I guess his message is go get vaccinated and then return back to work in person.
That is his desire. Don't know if he has the authority to make it a command. lol.

I just don't understand why it's his business and not for each company to decide on their own. My company has had zero effect from the pandemic. We are all working productively from home. Sure, it's a bit of a pain to call my team rather than just talk to the person sitting next to me, but we are still fully functional and still get our work done effectively and efficiently from home. In fact, we are all finding it better working from home because the time we save by not commuting everyday can be spent on getting more work done. So again I say, why is this Cuomo's business? We're not doing anything illegal, so he can just f*** off!

Old 07-30-2021, 03:53 PM

34,224 posts, read 17,309,474 times
I work in a NYC office, and there isn't any more discussion about a return to the office at this time, but several memos about staying safe due to the variant.

Old 07-30-2021, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I work in a NYC office, and there isn't any more discussion about a return to the office at this time, but several memos about staying safe due to the variant.
Well you better return to the office whether you like it or not, or else, Dictator Cuomo will hunt you down.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
“Everyone has to be back to the office,” Cuomo said during a virtual announcement at the Association for a Better New York. “I understand remote learning, I understand the trepidation, but the numbers are down, we know how to do it safely. We need private sector companies to say to their employees, ‘I need you back in the office.’”

Numbers are down?!?!? He must be living under a rock!

Old 08-03-2021, 09:52 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,255,324 times
Cuomo likely will not be the governor by end of next month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: