Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 08:09 PM

8,943 posts, read 4,793,023 times

Advertisements

Yes, sir!

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...sts_po-organic

In his strongest push yet to jump-start the state’s economy, Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Wednesday urged companies to get their workers out of their homes and back at their desks.

“Everyone has to be back to the office,” Cuomo said during a virtual announcement at the Association for a Better New York. “I understand remote learning, I understand the trepidation, but the numbers are down, we know how to do it safely. We need private sector companies to say to their employees, ‘I need you back in the office.’”

Old 07-28-2021, 08:13 PM

2,450 posts, read 977,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Yes, sir!

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...sts_po-organic

In his strongest push yet to jump-start the state’s economy, Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Wednesday urged companies to get their workers out of their homes and back at their desks.

“Everyone has to be back to the office,” Cuomo said during a virtual announcement at the Association for a Better New York. “I understand remote learning, I understand the trepidation, but the numbers are down, we know how to do it safely. We need private sector companies to say to their employees, ‘I need you back in the office.’”
Sorry, Andy, how the private sector operates is none of your business. Go kill a few more elderly people. Maybe this time you can dump them out of their wheel chairs off of your father's breaking down bridge.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:14 PM

765 posts, read 626,046 times
Places with their leases up this year, like my office, are probably going to be his biggest obstacle. Mine isn't going to renew their lease.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:59 PM

5,765 posts, read 4,142,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookashiny View Post
Places with their leases up this year, like my office, are probably going to be his biggest obstacle. Mine isn't going to renew their lease.
Yup. The vacancy rate will be way up. That will also lead to fewer construction jobs. Less overall revenue in the city. Restaurants, subway riders, services....

Old 07-28-2021, 09:05 PM

34,136 posts, read 17,199,473 times
Quote:
There are consequences to massive lockdowns-permanent ones.

Old 07-28-2021, 09:17 PM

765 posts, read 626,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
There are consequences to massive lockdowns-permanent ones.
I wouldn't call it a consequence of the lockdowns. They just realized that wfh is cheaper.

Old 07-29-2021, 06:45 AM

20,220 posts, read 20,990,692 times
So much mixed signals and information.
These clowns, and this head clown in particular, cannot keep their facts or stories straight.

Old 07-29-2021, 08:15 AM

3,525 posts, read 1,433,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
Sorry, Andy, how the private sector operates is none of your business. Go kill a few more elderly people. Maybe this time you can dump them out of their wheel chairs off of your father's breaking down bridge.

Yeah, I don't understand. The WFH should be the decision of the business, not his. This dictatorship from the Democrats is getting out of hand!

Old 07-29-2021, 12:55 PM

20,220 posts, read 20,990,692 times
You misguided mixed message no sense arrogant bag of ****.
Go pound salt you grade A dirtbag.
You are not MY governor, nor my boss, and definitely not my father.
Go take a nap in the middle of the thruway or something constructive like that.

Old 07-29-2021, 02:48 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,834,514 times
Quote:

I work based out of NYC, with satellite offices Upstate and in NJ. Our company will not be renewing its lease in NYC, and that's VERY expensive leased floorspace. I believe they're going to open an office in NJ or remain Upstate only, whatever the head honchos decide. They're done with the BS. Endless lockdowns, rising crime, mask requirements, and the general state of the city are all reasons why.

NYC is getting destroyed. But DeBlasio said "we've been too nice" to people, "its time for mandates". As if he's God. F you, pal. Let's see how this all plays out. I wouldn't be surprised to see French style revolution soon.

Move out of the cities, people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: