Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2024, 07:35 PM

1,302 posts, read 379,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
If Obama did the same exact thing they wouldn't be saying "oh, this is just how everybody does business"
Lol
Compare Obama’s net worth before and after his presidency. That’s literary the definition of “that’s how everybody does business”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2024, 07:42 PM

34,173 posts, read 47,680,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
Compare Obama’s net worth before and after his presidency. That’s literary the definition of “that’s how everybody does business”.
So tell us how Obama illegally got his gains.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM

Quote:
So tell us how Obama illegally got his gains.
No one claimed illegality. The fact that your first assumption is illegality is very, very telling.

You just proved my point. Thank you.

Old 02-21-2024, 07:48 PM

Quote:
No one claimed illegality. The fact that your first assumption is illegality is very, very telling.

You just proved my point. Thank you.
I think you should look at the title of this thread. We're all here discussing how Trump obtained money illegally.
So I said, if Obama did the same thing as Trump, I wonder how people would react.
Look, I hope your leader breaks records in selling sneakers
Nobody is wishing bad on anybody else
But how unfortunate can one really be

Old 02-21-2024, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I think you should look at the title of this thread. We're all here discussing how Trump obtained money illegally.
So I said, if Obama did the same thing as Trump, I wonder how people would react.
Look, I hope your leader breaks records in selling sneakers
Nobody is wishing bad on anybody else
But how unfortunate can one really be
Why’d you assume that Obama’s current net worth was illegally obtained?

If I asked you to look at Musks net worth in 2016 and now, would you have asked the same question?

Your line of questioning is very, very telling.

Old 02-21-2024, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Why’d you assume that Obama’s current net worth was illegally obtained?

If I asked you to look at Musks net worth in 2016 and now, would you have asked the same question?

Your line of questioning is very, very telling.
Because we're talking about how Trump illegally gained worth and how most are saying on here that developers operate like that all the time. So Obama would not be spoken about with the same regard were he to do the same with his properties. We all know the Obamas gained wealth through speech engagements and book deals, Barack has 2 Grammys and Michelle has 2.

Old 02-21-2024, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Because we're talking about how Trump illegally gained worth and how most are saying on here that developers operate like that all the time. So Obama would not be spoken about with the same regard were he to do the same with his properties. We all know the Obamas gained wealth through speech engagements and book deals, Barack has 2 Grammys and Michelle has 2.
You forgot the Nobel Peace Prize. Lots of peace during Obama’s time. Especially with ISIS and Bashar’s chemical weapons warfare.

The irony isn’t lost on you , I see.

Old 02-21-2024, 08:13 PM

Quote:
You forgot the Nobel Peace Prize. Lots of peace during Obama’s time. Especially with ISIS and Bashar’s chemical weapons warfare.

The irony isn’t lost on you , I see.
So Trump is allowed to commit fraud as long as no wars are started?

Old 02-22-2024, 12:03 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,427,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
What the lawsuit and verdict shows is how corrupt the system has become. It shows that anyone who applies for a loan and pays for an appraiser to give an inflated estimate can be sued for fraud. That's telling any company and business that if NYC disagrees with you such as a tax or legal dispute. They can sue you for fraud using these bogus claims. It's a shakedown, I have never seen such egregious tactic in a democracy. Only in totalitarian governments can do something like this and they even need a stupid reason like this.
I encourage you to actually READ the judge's decision in the case because you are apparently not informed of what actually occurred:
https://www.scribd.com/document/7062...#1fullscreen=1

Trump did hire various third party appraisers over the years; however, Trump and his company ignored those third party valuations. The Trump Org. inflated their own internal financial statements which were which were then provided to banks, insurers, etc.

The inflated valuations were made by Trump personnel, not third party appraisers, and they were pulled out of thin air and based on lies. Those are the facts of the case.

As noted in the decision document, in one case, Trump personnel lied and misrepresented what an appraiser from Cushman and Wakefield had said about one of Trump's properties. In other instances they just ignored what third party appraisals had said and used lies and other B.S. to inflate property values on their own accord.

Old 02-22-2024, 12:49 AM

107,524 posts, read 110,023,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
I encourage you to actually READ the judge's decision in the case because you are apparently not informed of what actually occurred:
https://www.scribd.com/document/7062...#1fullscreen=1

Trump did hire various third party appraisers over the years; however, Trump and his company ignored those third party valuations. The Trump Org. inflated their own internal financial statements which were which were then provided to banks, insurers, etc.

The inflated valuations were made by Trump personnel, not third party appraisers, and they were pulled out of thin air and based on lies. Those are the facts of the case.

As noted in the decision document, in one case, Trump personnel lied and misrepresented what an appraiser from Cushman and Wakefield had said about one of Trump's properties. In other instances they just ignored what third party appraisals had said and used lies and other B.S. to inflate property values on their own accord.
never let facts get in the way of a good political story line. they defend this creep with the most rediculous reasoning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York