Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2024, 12:28 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I wouldn't want a business in my state that deliberately inflated its property values to get a loan.

Most of you are missing the issue here. The banks lost out here because if Trump's property had been fairly valued he likely would have had to pay a higher interest rate for the loans he got. So, yes, not only is it a form of fraud, but it did cost them.
The bank literally testified that they made money with Trump and that there was no issue where they felt cheated. In fact, there were several occasions when Deutsche Bank said that it was them who lowballed Trump.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-fra...756c2c791d29ab
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2024, 12:32 PM

34,017 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
The bank literally testified that they made money with Trump and that there was no issue where they felt cheated. In fact, there were several occasions when Deutsche Bank said that it was them who lowballed Trump.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-fra...756c2c791d29ab
The bank doesn't care. If Trump were to default on the loan, they take his penthouse and sell it to a foreign buyer to recoup. But you go try taking a personal loan at a bank and telling them you're worth more than you really are and see what happens. If what Trump is doing is right, then we should be all able to do it.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-22-2024, 12:38 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
The bank doesn't care. If Trump were to default on the loan, they take his penthouse and sell it to a foreign buyer to recoup. But you go try taking a personal loan at a bank and telling them you're worth more than you really are and see what happens. If what Trump is doing is right, then we should be all able to do it.
You hit it perfectly. If I got a loan by inflating the value of my home and that was discovered I could be prosecuted for breaking federal laws dealing with bank fraud. If I pay the loan off, it doesn't change things because the bank wouldn't have given me the loan in the first place.

Here we go again though. Cult members are essentially saying Trump is "different" than everyone else. He's better because he's wealthy and makes money. It makes me ill.

Old 02-22-2024, 12:58 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,662,548 times
Quote:
The bank doesn't care.
Exactly! Who is the injured party?

Old 02-22-2024, 01:16 PM

34,017 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
The bank! The only reason the bank doesnt care at the moment is because he's offering collateral (the penthouse). What happens if he defaults and then the bank finds out the property isn't worth the amount of the loan when they try and offload it? Because the bank doesnt want to be a landlord. That's why its illegal. If the loan defaults, and the bank finds out the property isn't worth what it was appraised for, the bank is in deep doo-doo. Get it now?

This is why I'm in shock there was no mention of the square footage verified by the Department of Buildings, they have the records on file. All the bank had to do was request from Trump's team to supply them with the records from DOB. Why would I trust a banker with a tape measure instead of a calculator?

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-22-2024, 03:33 PM

6,412 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Blue View Post
Newt is exactly right
I agree.

Old 02-22-2024, 03:47 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Trump fined $355 million and barred from conducting real estate business in New York..?

Well, it's about time.

Old 02-22-2024, 10:38 PM

5,249 posts, read 3,604,666 times
Quote:
The tax payers of NY who are behaving in a legal way by paying their taxes despite not being scofflaw multi-millionaires grifting the system.

Do you realize that Trump has a small number of goats hidden away in a corner of Bedminster National Golf Club & claims the Country Club as a farm? This way he avoids paying thousands of $$$ annually in taxes there. It's always a grift.

Old 02-23-2024, 07:41 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,662,548 times
Quote:
The bank! The only reason the bank doesnt care at the moment is because he's offering collateral (the penthouse). What happens if he defaults and then the bank finds out the property isn't worth the amount of the loan when they try and offload it? Because the bank doesnt want to be a landlord. That's why its illegal. If the loan defaults, and the bank finds out the property isn't worth what it was appraised for, the bank is in deep doo-doo. Get it now?

This is why I'm in shock there was no mention of the square footage verified by the Department of Buildings, they have the records on file. All the bank had to do was request from Trump's team to supply them with the records from DOB. Why would I trust a banker with a tape measure instead of a calculator?
Your explanation is not supported by the trial testimony. ALL the banks Trump did business with testified they did their own due diligence and were satisfied with the loan agreements.

Once again, who is the injured party?

Old 02-23-2024, 08:03 AM

6,412 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Your explanation is not supported by the trial testimony. ALL the banks Trump did business with testified they did their own due diligence and were satisfied with the loan agreements.

Once again, who is the injured party?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York