Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2024, 03:35 PM

6,416 posts, read 3,131,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
This is a dangerous precedent to set. You're implying that it's ok for the government to determine whether or not a person or entity is a victim, even if that person or entity doesn't believe they are.
I repeat, Bingo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2024, 05:09 PM

1,265 posts, read 313,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
If you'd stop repeating talking points and actually read the replies you would learn. Harm is done in the sense that the bank might have gotten a higher interest rate for the loan if it had known the true risk at the time credit was extended. Frankly, I'm not even willing to accept a statement from a bank that no harm was done. The people running the bank know that there is a chance Trump may be the next president and will be loathe to say or do anything that will offend him. If someone other than Trump had done this you'd be screaming for his head and you know it.
This is a very odd statement to make. Now the bank is the victim because it made less profit than it could have?

Old 02-25-2024, 09:58 PM

3,184 posts, read 1,657,476 times
It's gonna end with an appeal tossing the verdict out because NYC would stupid to have the verdict stayed and ruin the city's business perspective. NYC used to be pro business but it has been very antibusiness. I don't know who runs the state anymore but once the taxes take a huge dip there will be a tidal wave of heads rolling in the State and city government. Trump has the momentum right now because the Democrats are just purposely giving him ammunition to run against them.

Should Trump win POTUS again, everybody in Albany is gonna get crushed. They can kiss all Fed funded projects cancelled. Trump will deny all Fed funding to NY and that includes healthcare, infrastructure, and migrant help. I don't know how NY Judge doesn't think clearly before handing out an unprecedented verdict that will scare all businesses away,

Old 02-26-2024, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
....... I don't know how NY Judge doesn't think clearly before handing out an unprecedented verdict that will scare all businesses away,
Because he has one and ONLY one priority, that being "get Trump"........at ANY cost, no matter what collateral damage may come from it. These liberal Democrats are absolutely insane!!

Old 02-26-2024, 08:08 AM

6,681 posts, read 6,026,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
If you'd stop repeating talking points and actually read the replies you would learn. Harm is done in the sense that the bank might have gotten a higher interest rate for the loan if it had known the true risk at the time credit was extended. Frankly, I'm not even willing to accept a statement from a bank that no harm was done. The people running the bank know that there is a chance Trump may be the next president and will be loathe to say or do anything that will offend him. If someone other than Trump had done this you'd be screaming for his head and you know it.
This has got to be one of the most ridiculous comments I've read in ages.

Old 02-26-2024, 04:33 PM

1,464 posts, read 756,714 times
^based on that the banks owe me a lottttt of interest back for paying my loans early. I should get a refund.

Old 02-26-2024, 10:16 PM

3,184 posts, read 1,657,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Because he has one and ONLY one priority, that being "get Trump"........at ANY cost, no matter what collateral damage may come from it. These liberal Democrats are absolutely insane!!
That is never the best way to beat your enemy because they are giving people who are moderate or independent a reason not to vote Democrat. The lust for power to use absolute authoritarian methods in the US is risky and dumb. Our forefathers predicted democracy could get out of control so checks and balances are put in place to ensure that not one person gets the final say or verdict.

While Trump railed against all those appellate courts that tossed out his exec orders. He's gonna need it to reverse his fine. I'm pretty sure it will because the verdict was all too grossly negligent.

Old 02-27-2024, 12:21 AM

10,067 posts, read 14,940,669 times
Trump was already president, but who knows if he is meant to be president of the United States again. Not everyone that reaches the presidency is predestine to be president, but some are. It’s those that regardless what obstacles are placed on their way to the presidency, they will make it there. Then what?

It isn’t the same to reach the presidency with the normal obstacles that every aspiring president goes through to reach power vs getting there after going through additional obstacles placed on your way there not by nature, but deliberately by man. This last part will innevitably produce resentments towards those people that made your journey harder than it should had been. With resentment comes the desire of vengeance to either the individual that help make your journey more difficult than necessary and/or their entire family. What that vengeance could be depends on the individual.

If I was Trump’s opposition, I would be careful in making things harder than they should be for him. If he is meant to rule again, he will regardless. Then you will be in the center of the storm. Not a pretty sight.

Remember the story of Moses!

Old 02-27-2024, 03:46 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,834,833 times
My opinion.....

NYC is desperate for money.

They will be knocking on our doors next.

Top that with NYC screwing our next President.

Karma. Karma. Karma.

This city is doomed.

I'm outta here.

Old 02-27-2024, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
My opinion.....

NYC is desperate for money.

They will be knocking on our doors next.

Top that with NYC screwing our next President.

Karma. Karma. Karma.

This city is doomed.

I'm outta here.
That's my fear. I'm not in NYC, but I'm in NYS, and the way I see it, way too much of my money is already being funneled to NYC, via Albany, and it will only get worse, as the fools try to support a few hundred thousand (so far) illegals invaders.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York