Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2009, 01:06 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,292,942 times

Advertisements

A public hearing is planned.

Ramapo views Jehovah's Witnesses development plan | lohud.com | The Journal News
The Jehovah's Witnesses are planning an administration and residential complex off Silver Mine Road where about 850 people would live and work.

The 248-acre site was intended to become an active-senior development, but the builder, Lorterdan Properties at Ramapo, sold the site in February to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York.

------
The full article is available at the link. They are calling it a monastery. These are unpaid volunteers who do not have income or (I believe) health insurance, so this means local taxpayers will foot the bill for their welfare and Medicaid benefits....and their commune won't be paying property tax either.

Cops: Orange County Minister Tried To Lure Boys - wcbstv.com (http://wcbstv.com/topstories/Minister.Sex.Boys.2.235945.html - broken link)
silentlambs.org - 23720
court ruling napa

Last edited by Viralmd; 03-26-2009 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 06:20 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,272,325 times
I didn't see anything in the article that said these people would be on welfare and medicaid. I imagine the church will take care of their needs from their donations.

I can think of far worse neighbors to have. If you have concerns why not ask for a meeting with them?

Old 03-27-2009, 05:30 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,292,942 times
I already know all about it, hence no need for a meeting.

Your guess about how needs will be met happens to not be correct.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:59 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,219,727 times
Angry Monsey Was 1st!!!

......Take a ride through Monsey...Wesley Hills...or better yet New Square......then you will really see a drudge on society...they all have 5 to 10 kids...claim their home's as a synagogue's...register their vehicles...cell and home phones...and everything else they can think of so as to avoid paying the taxes that the rest of us do...

They too have a hugh project planned in Pomona......taking a 100 plus acres of vacant land and turning it into a college which will house 4500 plus students...and don't forget their family......so as you can see...perhaps it is time to get the hell out of dodge......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: