Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 04:32 PM

2 posts, read 7,291 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are from Michigan and heading to Chateaugay in two weeks to do some concrete work on the border patrols. We have a camper that I would love to bring. Is there any parks where we could have full hook up or is it to cold? I have never been to this area so I have no idea what to expect. If not are there any nice hotels in that area? Any help would be greatly appreciated. We will be there for approx. 1 month. I believe we will also be in Fort Covington for 1 week and a drive of 30-40 miles would be okay if we could find something nice!! Anything fun to do in these areas?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 10:36 AM

38 posts, read 156,000 times
I know that there is a campsite off of rt. 37 north of malone before fort covington. Out towards chateaugay I am not sure what there is for campsites. I know there is a place called Ponderosa campsite that is or around Braindersville which is about 15 minutes or so from Chat. The site between malone and fort covington would be about a 5 to 10 minute drive to Fort covington and about a 30 minute drive to chat. I am not sure what time they open. There is also a nice one about 20 minutes south of Malone off of rt. 37 on Deer River. Sorry I forget the name of the one between malone and fort covington. It can still get chilly in the area this time of year. i talked to my mother in law and she said that she just got snow in the past few days.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:37 PM

2 posts, read 7,291 times
Thanks for that information, I will try to find those names of the campgrounds. If you find any names if you coulld let me know that would be great. Thanks again!

Old 03-27-2009, 08:46 PM

65 posts, read 429,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weing1je View Post
Hello,
We are from Michigan and heading to Chateaugay in two weeks to do some concrete work on the border patrols.
What is 'concrete work' on the border?

The Fort Covington border crossing is interesting as the border goes right through a building...it was a hotel/bar in the past, but is now closed. QC has a drinking age of 18 and closing hours of 03h00 (not sure what the NY closing hours are).

To the west of the main crossing at Fort Covington there is a road that goes from NY to QC that appears not to have any border post.

As well, further to the west on the Indian Reserve there are roads going btwn NY and QC w/o any border crossing.

The road between St Regis QC and Hogansburg NY has no border crossing..I've been there and it is hard to tell where the border actually is.

Good luck in the 'north country'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York