Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,115 times

Advertisements

We currently live in Highland. We want to move into a newer house. We like Highland Central School District, but there are not many houses on the market in Highland right now. New Paltz looks more expensive with the prices of their newer houses. Marlboro has more variety of houses on the market and the prices are more reasonable. My question is if Highland schools are comparable to Marlboro? There is a difference in High School Test Scores. Highland and Marboro have the same score for English but Highland has 94 as opposed to 88 for Marlboro in math. Now if you compare Highland/Marlboro to Wappingers or Arlington, those schools have much higher scores than this side(more close to 100%). But I went to Wappingers, when I was a kid, and I think that school district has gotten worse through the years. A lot more people on that side of the river are coming up from the city to live there. I think Highland is much better, from personal experience. More people over here have lived here for a longer period of time. I just don't know how Marlboro is compared to Highland. Thanks for the advice. I do not want to move back to Dutchess! Hopefully more houses will come on the market in Highland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: