Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 08:57 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,313,257 times

Advertisements

Do you feel bored with some of your friends? Do you see some people out of "debt, duty and obligation?" (Because you don't want to hurt their feelings?) Do you have less in-common with some of your "old friends" today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 09:03 AM

471 posts, read 1,042,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Do you feel bored with some of your friends? Do you see some people out of "debt, duty and obligation?" (Because you don't want to hurt their feelings?) Do you have less in-common with some of your "old friends" today?
I used to feel like I had to be a friend to a guy out of obligation. At one point we were really good friends. Then one day as we were aging, I grew up and he remained the same guy. We got to a point where we just weren't on the same page any more. It happens and there's nothing wrong with it. I stopped hanging out with him. Eventually, in some cases, I feel you just have to let some people go.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:41 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,836,386 times
Very bored and frustrated. To the point where I feel like I don't really have any friends at all any more.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:44 AM

727 posts, read 540,092 times
Yeah, those ones who only talk about make up and shopping... Or about big brother...

Old 12-28-2010, 09:55 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,745 times
Most people do. People outgrow relationships (whether romanic or platonic) all the time.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:07 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,637,297 times
I have friends that I sometimes don't feel like seeing or talking to. This is one reason I don't use Facebook or Twitter. Part of why I look forward to seeing my friends on the weekend is to catch up on what's going on in their lives. But with Facebook and Twitter, you feel like you're already caught up.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:08 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Most people do. People outgrow relationships (whether romanic or platonic) all the time.
Absolutely. I have a friend I just saw last night who bores the sweat out of my socks...but it's kind of like family...you might not enjoy them that much, but there's history and they'll always have your back.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:19 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,387,108 times
I have very few friends precisely because they are boring. I find almost all of my colleagues almost mind-numbingly boring. They all sit in the staff lounge and brag about their children to the point of distraction. I finally learned about 15 years ago to get up from the table, isolate myself and read a book. It doesn't make me very popular or "sociable," but I don't give a damn. A good book is more enthralling than 99% of people, who only want to talk about themselves.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:34 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,640,374 times
No, I keep only a very small circle of friends, they are all unique in their own ways and I spend time accordingly with each of them. I find something in all of them that I adore and when I need a change? I hang out with another friend LOL

Old 12-28-2010, 11:25 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
I hardly ever feel bored with any of my close friends. And that is because they are on the same intellectual level as I am, and we all have interesting (to us) hobbies and passions. The people that I get bored with are only casual acquaintances. They are of lesser IQ or at least they just don't use their grey matter very much. Their idea of a good time is going out to get drunk and trying to hook up with the opposite sex. And that seems to be their only goal in life, to get a buzz on and the pursuit of their sexual needs. These people also generally are clueless about what real love is and what a good romantic relationship is. They are looking for a s/o that will complete them, and make their lives have purpose and satisfaction. Instead, they should be working on themselves becoming more interesting to be with.

When I feel bored with anyone, it just means that it's time to see a lot less of them. Hopefully, by not seeing them for a few weeks, they will build up some experiences that might be interesting to talk about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships