Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 04:27 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,428,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
it think it absolutely disgusting and not proper to kiss anyone other than your SO on the lips. i find it repulsive and gross, and id never do it.
Then do not do it. Simples. No one is asking you to here are they?

The thing is though that you not wanting to do it does not mean anyone else doing it is gross or "not proper".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 11:26 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,663,739 times
In the Big Valley it was w/ Barbara Stanwick and her sons. I never understood it though.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:19 PM

1,183 posts, read 709,156 times
Urgh.
No way.

Creepy.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:20 PM

1,183 posts, read 709,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Any act or action done in a sexual context mainly. Or put another way there are very few actions that are inherently sexual. It is usually entirely dependent on context.

Take nudity for example.

I can be nude in contexts that are not sexual. On the beach. At home with my family. Changing in the changing rooms with my friends or family or children. And so on. Nothing sexual about any of it. Nothing arousing about any of it.

I can also be nude in a sexual context. Which is sexual and is arousing. Both my own nudity and that of the other person.

The point being that many things are not in and of themselves sexual. The context in which they are done is. Be it nudity. Kissing. Cuddling. Caressing. And so on.
Being nude in front of your family is normal? And kissing them on the lips?

Holy moly dude.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:49 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,201 times
Quote:
Any act or action done in a sexual context mainly. Or put another way there are very few actions that are inherently sexual. It is usually entirely dependent on context.

Take nudity for example.

I can be nude in contexts that are not sexual. On the beach. At home with my family. Changing in the changing rooms with my friends or family or children. And so on. Nothing sexual about any of it. Nothing arousing about any of it.

I can also be nude in a sexual context. Which is sexual and is arousing. Both my own nudity and that of the other person.

The point being that many things are not in and of themselves sexual. The context in which they are done is. Be it nudity. Kissing. Cuddling. Caressing. And so on.
There is absolutely no reason to be nude in front of your family unless it's some kind of medical emergency with burns or something.
What the f is wrong with you, dude?

Old 12-17-2018, 01:14 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,644,820 times
https://media0.giphy.com/media/am9TS...4a77544533b3c8

This “family†doesn’t seem to mind.

Old 12-18-2018, 01:59 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,428,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
Being nude in front of your family is normal? And kissing them on the lips?
I am not sure the word "normal" is actually all that helpful. These are things people in families often do. They are also things people in other families do not do.

For example yes - nudity in certain contexts is very much an occurrence in my house hold. Nothing at all wrong with that despite your vague implication there might be.

It happens a hell of a lot less however than - say - a nudist household. Where nudity is almost the constant norm. There is also nothing wrong with that - but it is simply not remotely close to our levels here in my home either. But they too are as often perfectly normal healthy and well balanced families as yours or mine. So what's the issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
There is absolutely no reason to be nude in front of your family unless it's some kind of medical emergency with burns or something.
I am not buying into the "reason to be" way you put that though. You are putting a lot more thinking behind it than I would when doing it. There are simply situations where it happens. I do not think in terms of "reasons to be doing it". I do not go into situations planning to do it or weighing up pros and cons of it. It just happens as and when it happens.

The counter point to your post here though is pretty obvious. As you talk about "no reason to be nude" I would merely shoot back "There is no reason _not_ to be nude" either. Just like I do not whip off all my clothes because I think there is a reason to do so - I do not throw loads on either when I am nude because I somehow thing there is a reason to do that either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
What the f is wrong with you, dude?
You tell me if you wish. I see nothing wrong - nor have you pointed out anything wrong. You just drop a line like this laden with implication something is - without showing there actually is. What is actually the issue do you think? Maybe there is something wrong with you - not me - "dude".

Old 12-18-2018, 09:07 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,889,690 times
Quote:
But I suppose if people insist we must sexualise something that is not in and of itself a sexual act - we are going to get a proportion of pure nonsense posts on the thread.
The propensity of incest is higher in families that find this kind of behavior is OK (kissing on the lips, being nude around each other all the time)

Typically inbred hillbillies - No matter what part of the Earth or culture it is. Incest is not good. It leads to genetic defects. There is literally no defense of any kind for excessive intimacy with blood relatives.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:26 AM

17,771 posts, read 9,215,344 times
Quote:
Disturbing post.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:30 AM

17,771 posts, read 9,215,344 times
Quote:
For example yes - nudity in certain contexts is very much an occurrence in my house hold. Nothing at all wrong with that despite your vague implication there might be.
Why is this occurring in your household? Something is not right here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships