Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 04:42 PM

52 posts, read 62,996 times

Advertisements

Worse play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Does she call and talk to your wife for a couple of hours? Does she text your wife a lot?

If her interest in you is more than her interest in her daughter, you have your answer.

Even if you are wrong....you can still ignore her. If she's really troubled about something, she needs to look elsewhere. You aren't the best source of help for her.
She used to text and call her daughter every week but that stopped. Lately I've been talking to her in person and she's progressed to calling me. But this is a new thing.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:04 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,222,845 times
SCGranny wrote: My mother was always competing with me - and every other female in the vicinity. Even in her 70's, she thought she was the belle of the ball. She would tell my DH and kids terrible (and untrue) things about me. They knew her well enough not to listen to her, to leave the room when she started her nastiness. She fell and broke her hip and we had to take her in - and we threw her out the day she walked up behind my husband, shoved her hands down into his pants, and said "You know I'd be much better for you than her (meaning me), right?" - right in front of our teenage daughter!

She then moved in with my brother, who called me freaking out one morning. She had crawled into their bed at night, over his wife and started molesting him! It wasn't altzheimer's or dementia - she not only remembered the incidents, she couldn't understand why the men (DH and my brother) weren't flattered by them!

Make sure that your wife knows everything inappropriate that is said or done, and make danged sure there is always a witness around. NEVER be alone with her... if she feels 'rejected' by you, then that will only be the start of the real trouble.

To SCGranny OMG!
To JUDE999,
Read above comments to see what could happen in the future. It's not a pretty picture.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:44 PM

That seems like a crazy ass scenario. I doubt it will happen to me.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:46 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,214,221 times
I suspect that she may be one of those women that think that Men are dumb and after only one thing.
So she throws out the bait, spreads her legs a little, and waits to see if you bite.

If one kind of bait doesn't work, she'll try another.....like," pity poor me, my husband doesn't understand me"

I imagine that her attention is a little flattering. Just don't let your reponse lead her on.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:01 PM

What did you mean by not letting my response lead her on?

Her attention can sometimes border on flattering but then ventures into uncomfortable pretty fast.

I think you're right that this could be bait. Then again so could've following me around while working out in the yard, baking me a pie and taking then sending a pic of me to her daughter with the caption "big hunk". Can anyone see the dilemma here, or am I just over analyzing it?

Old 04-01-2012, 06:45 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,635,036 times
You may just be dealing with a lonely cougar there, bro.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:14 PM

I hope not, but ya never know.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:10 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,214,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude999 View Post
I hope not, but ya never know.
I think you already know.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:38 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,692,343 times
Why would a mother do such a hurtful thing to her daughter? *baffled*

I don't think I'd bring it up to either of them. It would cause SO much drama between them.

I think I would just give her dirty looks every time she flirted and the cold shoulder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships