Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:04 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,679,562 times

Advertisements

Just avoid her, literally. Don't ever go to her house or be home when she visits yours. Ignore her texts and calls. If you're out of sight, she's not going to say anything to your wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 11:33 AM

52 posts, read 62,941 times
Can't really do that. I do yardwork one day a week for the family. Plus, Easter is coming up, it would look weird if we avoided them. I think it's best to just avoid her. Then again, at this point I am wondering if that will just make things worse.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:01 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,679,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude999 View Post
Can't really do that. I do yardwork one day a week for the family. Plus, Easter is coming up, it would look weird if we avoided them.
I didn't mean for you and your wife avoid her, I meant just you avoid her. During holidays there are other people around so it's okay to be around her. Just don't be alone with her ever.

Can you do the yardwork and not go inside her home? Maybe you might want to consider hiring a gardener for her if this is a real concern.

Quote:
I think it's best to just avoid her. Then again, at this point I am wondering if that will just make things worse.
No.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:23 PM

Does this lady seem like the type that if you just confronted her about it that she would just act stupid and deny everything. That's it's all in my head? At this point I am so frustrated that I just want to tell her off, or make it obvious I do not want to speak to her when I avoid her. Just to put a sudden end to this nonsense.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:54 PM

270 posts, read 410,007 times
Quote:
Does this lady seem like the type that if you just confronted her about it that she would just act stupid and deny everything. That's it's all in my head? At this point I am so frustrated that I just want to tell her off, or make it obvious I do not want to speak to her when I avoid her. Just to put a sudden end to this nonsense.
OMG, why are you still agonizing over this and trying to figure out this woman? Ignore her, avoid her, make sure your wife knows what's going on. Period.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:48 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,740,663 times
Quote:
it would look weird if we avoided them.
Why? Doesn't your wife know EVERYTHING? Are there other family members, from your wife's family, who will be present? If so, do they all know what you go through? How about spending Easter with your relatives, instead of your wife's. Do your relatives have any idea what you go though? If so, what advice do they give? If not, what advice would they give, if they knew? The bottom line is, YOU have a moral responsibility to get your MIL some help. That is, if you care about you and your family. Whether that means reporting EVERYTHING to your wife, your FIL, your wife's other family members, or your family members, everyone has to be on board; not just C-D. If EVERYBODY doesn't know about this, (1) you're fake, and (2) you're the REAL ringmaster in all of this. And, at that point, the question YOU have to face is... WHY?... e.g. low self-esteem, fear, lying,...

Last edited by Just1Fan; 04-05-2012 at 01:02 AM..

Old 04-08-2012, 07:22 PM

No more assertions. She's said she's been connecting with her husband and has a good time with him last week. She hasn't been following me and we've not been talking all that much. So the problem has been pretty much resolved itself.

Last edited by Jude999; 04-08-2012 at 07:33 PM..

Old 04-09-2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
She's said she's been connecting with her husband and has a good time with him last week. She hasn't been following me and we've not been talking all that much. So the problem has been pretty much resolved itself.
Bwahahaa. You just proved AGAIN how clueless you are. The problem has not resolved itself. Your mil is still converting oxygen into carbon dioxide, right? So the problem still exists. This is just another lull. You know, like the LAST ONE where you said that everything was all better. Why are you bothering to post here? You aren't listening to anything anyone is saying. Sheesh.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:15 AM

Dang rider girl, you seem to have a cynical opinion of the matter. I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. I mean she told me that she had a connection with her husband while working together in the garden. That sounds like something legit. Why would she just tell me that? It was confirmed by the hubby too.

At least explain to me how that's a lull before you call me clueless, plz.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Dang rider girl, you seem to have a cynical opinion of the matter. I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. I mean she told me that she had a connection with her husband while working together in the garden. That sounds like something legit. Why would she just tell me that? It was confirmed by the hubby too.

At least explain to me how that's a lull before you call me clueless, plz.
Because you've already established that she is a lech. You told us that she already has a reputation for being a less-than-stellar moral human being. She came onto you. She's repeatedly crossed all kinds of lines with you. This is who she is. The fact that she had ONE good encounter with her husband does not mean she's "cured' of being a lech. Do not give a skank like her the benefit of the doubt. Again, she has already PROVEN to you that she doesn't understand appropriate boundaries. No benefit of the doubt should be due her. Stop being so naive.

ETA: this is a "lull" because as soon as she has another little issue with her husband, she'll come crying to you again. She's a drama queen to boot. (And remember -- we've already stated repeatedly that you should NOT be her confidante in any of her marital dealings, and you should stay as far away from her as possible.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships