Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 02:13 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,914,456 times

Advertisements

I drink Heineken, Redhook Longhammer and Beck's but I "keep" a case of PBR in my refrigerator at all times for when friends stop by and try to hang out for a while.

I hide the Heinekn, Redhook and Beck's and wow, what do you know, I have enough beer for all of the parasites.

I also hide any available Jagermeister and pull out a cheap bottle of whiskey used for the same purposes of being a "decoy" bottle for everyone that casually stops by without bringing anything to drink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 04:13 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,643,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
I don't doubt that. I remember that you were French. Hence the crocodile has always had a crush on you.

I'm shipping you a box of high quality bottled spring water. No tap water. Drinking tap water is like a musketeer fighting with a stick. Totally bad.

That last shoe is proof as to why they should allow men to wear them.
Darling I am quite sure the Crocodile does not need permission from anyone to wear those shoes... A Croc does not care what others think surely ?!?

I am a big fan of Crocs,Alligators and Caymans, fascinating creatures all of them and I just watched a couple of documentaries with some guys diving with not only Crocs in the Okavango Delta but Saltwater Crocs near Darwin , Australia ( and these are the mean bad boys of the croc world making the average Great White look like Boy Scouts).

I think like Sharks they are grossly misunderstood and unfairly reviled creatures. So I shall try and resist the lure of the crocodile shoes and handbag. For now anyway...

Old 03-24-2012, 06:14 AM

11,398 posts, read 24,478,233 times
If there was such a thing as stocking special treats for guests around here, one of us would have consumed them before the week was out. We try not to keep sodas and chips around for that reason.

Unexpected guests get water from the tap, or whatever is on hand. If we plan to have guests, we shop accordingly. But I never buy water unless it's for hurricane season.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:09 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,747,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Darling I am quite sure the Crocodile does not need permission from anyone to wear those shoes... A Croc does not care what others think surely ?!?

I am a big fan of Crocs,Alligators and Caymans, fascinating creatures all of them and I just watched a couple of documentaries with some guys diving with not only Crocs in the Okavango Delta but Saltwater Crocs near Darwin , Australia ( and these are the mean bad boys of the croc world making the average Great White look like Boy Scouts).

I think like Sharks they are grossly misunderstood and unfairly reviled creatures. So I shall try and resist the lure of the crocodile shoes and handbag. For now anyway...
Pappy let me do three things during the two month summer holidays every year - cow herding, tiger conservation and crocodile feeding.

I just remembered an incident me and the other boys fought for with the authorities, and brought the scripture (Matthew) concept of putting yourself in other people's places. And it reminds me of this thread where people feed crap to other people - dirty water, soda, snacks. Soda and snacks are fine, but tap water is unacceptable and all I can say is, "put yourself in their place and ask, do you wanna drink contaminated water?". They sell 5 huge spring water bottles, the bigger ones, for a dollar each. Pick up 5 and use for a week. It's 5 fricking bucks. FIVE. Two damn lattes.

Back to the crocs, people and kids were stoning them, and despite beefing up carekeepers and more helper boys, the violence did not abate. We started fining people and putting up signs like these. I was here when they erected these sign boards back in the day, about 15 years ago. This is the closest crocodile bank to home.

I cannot stand stupid people. Those who go to the zoos and hurl things at the animals, even if it's a carrot. Idiots, idiots, idiots!

Old 03-24-2012, 07:12 AM

Soda is still not fine. It inflates the belly.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:30 AM

1,030 posts, read 3,080,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
I drink Heineken, Redhook Longhammer and Beck's but I "keep" a case of PBR in my refrigerator at all times for when friends stop by and try to hang out for a while.

I hide the Heinekn, Redhook and Beck's and wow, what do you know, I have enough beer for all of the parasites.

I also hide any available Jagermeister and pull out a cheap bottle of whiskey used for the same purposes of being a "decoy" bottle for everyone that casually stops by without bringing anything to drink.

My husband has a hierarchy of beer depending on the visitors. It usually goes by age: the sons/son in laws and any friends they bring by get whatever is left in the fridge from former visitors but they usually bring their own......

His close buddies get the speciality brews he picks up at a really neat local brew crafter...

We always have wine for the non-beer drinkers of which I'm one and frozen appetizers so they aren't readily available when my junk-food cravings hit!

Old 03-24-2012, 07:44 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,696,667 times
Sorry you guys live where you can't drink the tap water. Here it is clear, pure, and fresh, straight from the aquifer. We have bottles that we refill from the tap for driving trips, and have Camelbaks we fill from the tap when we are out on the range.

We keep Bud light around the house, even though we don't drink beer, because most of our friends pull up and hang out for an hour or two at the shop or corral, and talking is thirsty work.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:52 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,302,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Oh pffftttt.

I have well water. A lot of times I will bottle up some because people want it to take some home.

My yankee city family will be coming in for Easter. I suspose I should buy some eggs although I have 25 hens. They wont eat my eggs because as they say "ick, they come out of a chickens butt".

Where do they think the eggs at the store come from? I would not buy eggs at the store for anyone if I had chickens.

I suppose they don't think milk comes from a cows teat either right?

Old 03-24-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
Sorry you guys live where you can't drink the tap water. Here it is clear, pure, and fresh, straight from the aquifer. We have bottles that we refill from the tap for driving trips, and have Camelbaks we fill from the tap when we are out on the range.

We keep Bud light around the house, even though we don't drink beer, because most of our friends pull up and hang out for an hour or two at the shop or corral, and talking is thirsty work.
Granny, I need an electron microscope to show you the kind of germs which party inside the tap water you are drinking.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:37 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,447,051 times
It depends on if I like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships