Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 11:17 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times

Advertisements

Athletic for me. I do like a bit of a booty, but I like small to medium sized breasts over large ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 11:35 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
hmmm..ok...i'd like to hear other mens thoughts on this body type
Average. What I see almost everyday. Nothing at all special. Just plain jane average body.

NOW THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT:

Athletic AND curvy

Curvy body

Athletic body

Alenka Bikar Ass - YouTube

Old 05-12-2012, 11:38 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
Quote:
hmmm..ok...i'd like to hear other mens thoughts on this body type
sold!

Old 05-13-2012, 12:40 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Having a curvy body does not negate being athletic, and being athletic does not mean one may not have a curvaceous body. The two are not mutually exclusive. I have to think, when people say, "Curvy or athletic," that by athletic, they mean narrow-hipped, where there is no significant differentiation on hip/waist ratio, small-breasted, lean muscle, sinewy legs, small/slim/gymnast build. That's not the only "athletic" build that exits. When men are described as athletic, that descriptor may get applied to bulked up lifter types, muscle-y street ballers, slim distance runners, linebacker-looking guys. But when it comes to women, it seems that only one particular look is classified as "athletic." The college softball player or track & field shot and discus star may be very athletic women, but their look is NOT the one that comes to mind when guys say they like athletic women, methinks.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:09 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Having a curvy body does not negate being athletic, and being athletic does not mean one may not have a curvaceous body. The two are not mutually exclusive. I have to think, when people say, "Curvy or athletic," that by athletic, they mean narrow-hipped, where there is no significant differentiation on hip/waist ratio, small-breasted, lean muscle, sinewy legs, small/slim/gymnast build. That's not the only "athletic" build that exits. When men are described as athletic, that descriptor may get applied to bulked up lifter types, muscle-y street ballers, slim distance runners, linebacker-looking guys. But when it comes to women, it seems that only one particular look is classified as "athletic." The college softball player or track & field shot and discus star may be very athletic women, but their look is NOT the one that comes to mind when guys say they like athletic women, methinks.
You are over-analyzing it, but you are right to a point. Softball players, discus throwers, etc. are NOT the type of body me (or most men) would think of when thinking of nice "athletic" body. Just look at the pics I posted above, the track and field runner has a GREAT body. Now that I look at them again, just give me any of those curvy chicks in the white pants and red shirts photo. They are flawless!!

Old 05-13-2012, 01:15 AM

1,360 posts, read 2,951,661 times
Athletic, because we imagine that will stand up to the test of time.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:53 AM

270 posts, read 387,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post

I agree with you..I fit the college softball player
or track and field type...which is definitely NOT the type described in those pics posted and NOT the ones that comes to most guys minds when they say athletic.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:57 AM

270 posts, read 387,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Average. What I see almost everyday. Nothing at all special. Just plain jane average body.

NOW THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT:

Athletic AND curvy

Curvy body

Athletic body

Alenka Bikar Ass - YouTube
Wow! these are tough to live up to...but I guess to each his own.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:57 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
I wonder if there is a preference among men for curvy figures or athletic? I take good care of myself , go to the gym regularly and watch what I eat but do not have the figure that seems to be most attractive to most men. Small hips, no stomach average breasts (reduced) toned legs is more my body type like a runner or swimmer. Is the curvier figure more attractive or athletic?
Are you sure this is the issue? Is this the feedback you get from turn downs or it this self-assessment? There are more components to being attracted to a woman than the body.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:45 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
I don't have a distinct type. There are some athletic, even muscular women, over whom I drool.

There are some curvy women, even some outright PLUMP (and I don't mean just a little bit) women over whom I drool.

My tastes run the gamut, from Elena Isinbaeva to Queen Latifah, from Kristen Chenoweth to Melissa McCarthy, from Gina Carano (YOWZA!), Allison Stokke, Serena Williams (don't care what anyone thinks of me) and Allison Felix all the way to Marquita Pring, Gabrielle Taber or Jennifer Maitland and Tara Lynn.

This "body type" thing gets called up just as often as height issues, so let me say for the record:

"too tall" and "not skinny", "too short" and "not curvy enough".... black, white, red, yellow.... language barrier.... "average"...

I care about whether you're an enjoyable person to be around, whether your smile reaches your eyes, whether you can do MORE than just hold up your end of a conversation, whether you're interested in and enthusiastic about life and living, praying that you like to laugh AND don't mind both rough humour and science geek humour, that you love to kiss, that you can appreciate quiet times as well as hustle-and-bustle, that you believe 100 percent in honesty and forthrightness because that is the ONLY way to resolve problems...

Yep. Worry about your body but don't worry about your body TYPE, because THIS man finds THIS attractive and THAT man finds THAT attractive.

Women always laugh at men for this question, saying it's too varied to state specifically.

Why can't they see the same is true for us?

And OP, I checked out your pic; ain't NOTHIN' wrong with what I saw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships