Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 12:14 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times

Advertisements

Those triplets have HIGHLY appealing bodies, but are bit more bottom heavy than my most strict preference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 12:24 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
And here's why those curvy and athletic ladies look like they have monster legs. They're fake. And their real bodies are so much more attractive than the out of control photoshopped ones.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:36 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
I generally lean to the curvy side but there are definitely women who have fit tight bodies that are perfect tens in my eyes. They usually have nice butts if that's the case

Old 05-13-2012, 12:36 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Most real women look nothing like those photos. Time transition from fantasy to reality.
And Jessica Biehl, "curvy"?? Since when?

I think it's about the whole package. If a woman has a great personality and an attractive face, the guy will fall for the rest. That's why some of the posters here say they like two or three different types. It depends on how the all the other factors combine into an irresistible whole. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and every beholder is different. So there's really no point in worrying about it. I bet if we looked at photos of some of our posters' real life gf's, they wouldn't look anything like those photoshopped pin-ups.

This is such an interesting thread. On the other thread like this, about 98% of the guys said they'd never date a woman who listed herself as "curvy" in her profile. The all wanted "slim".

Old 05-13-2012, 12:50 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Most real women look nothing like those photos. Time transition from fantasy to reality.
And Jessica Biehl, "curvy"?? Since when?

I think it's about the whole package. If a woman has a great personality and an attractive face, the guy will fall for the rest. That's why some of the posters here say they like two or three different types. It depends on how the all the other factors combine into an irresistible whole. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and every beholder is different. So there's really no point in worrying about it.

This is such an interesting thread. On the other thread like this, about 98% of the guys said they'd never date a woman who listed herself as "curvy" in her profile. The all wanted "slim".
Ah, but how a person describes themselves may be totally different from reality. It's like that old cliche that if you describe someone as having a good personality, that's code for ugly.

What a man might think of as actually curvy.
A woman who might describe herself as curvy.

But I still think you can be thin and curvy.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:07 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times
^^That's the thing. When I hear "curvy" I automatically think "chubby" or even "fat", because almost every time a woman on a dating site labels herself as curvy, they're all convex curves.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:44 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
And here's why those curvy and athletic ladies look like they have monster legs. They're fake. And their real bodies are so much more attractive than the out of control photoshopped ones.
Sure fooled me!

Old 05-13-2012, 01:52 PM

155 posts, read 335,045 times
From what I've gathered, just from overall experience and conversation, is that in general guys prefer a bit curvy/shapely (non-flat measurements) over simply "skinny." I actually personally theorize that more guys prefer even a bit "thick" or "plump" than most people (especially women) generally believe. Mainstream media is the main culprit behind the misconceptions. Personally, I like much bigger women (and have no interest in thinner women), which represents an outlier, but it's also testament to what another said earlier in this discussion--one man's trash is another man's treasure. Thus, indeed, it is all entirely subjective and there is no "right" type. Be comfortable with yourself number one, the right man will follow.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:54 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_1974 View Post
that is kelly brook, though it may be fairly assumptive, i'd say, it is what your general redblooded man would want
Negative here on Kelly. She has a great body but If she was fuller up top Id like it more. Her face is plain in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonlocal View Post
From what I've gathered, just from overall experience and conversation, is that in general guys prefer a bit curvy/shapely (non-flat measurements) over simply "skinny." I actually personally theorize that more guys prefer even a bit "thick" or "plump" than most people (especially women) generally believe. Mainstream media is the main culprit behind the misconceptions. Personally, I like much bigger women (and have no interest in thinner women), which represents an outlier, but it's also testament to what another said earlier in this discussion--one man's trash is another man's treasure. Thus, indeed, it is all entirely subjective and there is no "right" type. Be comfortable with yourself number one, the right man will follow.
Rep! I'm with you, and there are some great looking fuller women out there, but I draw the line at a hanging gut. Proportional with a cute face works for me.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:06 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Thing is, MOST women regardless of their current size/shape can fix themseleves with proper nutrition and exercise to appear in either or BOTH of the categories listed - Curvy or Athletic. Ive seen this happen many many times.

One great example of one of Mrs. Lao's dancing friends. This was a plain jane ballerina chick that I wouldnt pay attention to. She started eating right and training in capoiera and in a matter of months she became HOT. I mean both curvy and athletic. Almost any woman can do this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships