Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 01:56 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,880,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterRain View Post
If you choose intelligent and educated (Masters degree or higher) men to be the father of your children, you significantly reduce your chance of having a deadbeat on your hands.
Yea right. I have a friend who would tell you otherwise... Her Ivy-leagued educated husband still turned out to be a dead-beat.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:03 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,293,784 times
nice one Inkpoe

Old 06-28-2012, 03:42 PM

11 posts, read 24,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Yea right. I have a friend who would tell you otherwise... Her Ivy-leagued educated husband still turned out to be a dead-beat.
You said her husband is Ivy-League educated, but you didn't say having a Masters degree or higher.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:21 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,276,692 times
[quote=WaterRain;24931689]Any other country, including America?

Why did you have kids with a deadbeat?[/quote]

He wasn't a deadbeat until we divorced, of course.

Oh and until he met Ms.PlaytheSystem who taught him her evil ways.

People do change, you know.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:26 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,276,692 times
Well it looks like OP has gone to beg for cash somewhere else...

Old 06-28-2012, 04:46 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,739,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by womaninred View Post
I feel so down and hopeless when people are being suspicious of me as terrorist, etc. They did not said it verbally but I could sense it in my whole body through some chilling moments.
The fact that I am not an American but have lived here for almost 5 years since I got married to an American. I am so homesick to to visit family/friends but dont have money for tickets. My husband earn small barely enough for basic expenses. I tried to ask some people for a gift or no interest loan. I dont get reply. When I do speak to someone and told them the main reason is to go home to my country, the air freezes and with a hurry response such as: "no we dont do that, we dont help that".
Should I lie and said "I'm desperate to celebrate a big birthday party of my husband 50th (last yea), or our 5th anniversary, etc?? I speak the truth, that I want to go home country, although USA has been my humble home with my husband.
Although I also need money to study and start small business. My top priority is due to being homesick and I explain that truthfully for seeking a goodwill loan. But since I have experience several times to the chilling silence and response, I know no one will dare to care. I dont really blame them, but they over reacted. If I were rich, I would also be mindful who I wish to help; nothing for alcohol, drugs, etc. But I would get the facts referred, because people who decide upon factual details are smart person;people who jump to conclusion due to suspicious and lack of factual information, are ignorant (and selfish).

welcome your comments, but please dont be mean.
People are mostly no good and not worth the trouble you're putting yourself through.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:24 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,119,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
People are mostly no good and not worth the trouble you're putting yourself through.

You quoted the OP and then say she is putting herself through trouble? The woman is trying everything in the world - BESIDES getting a job - to have someone pay for her vacation and you call that putting herself through trouble? What did you read that the rest of us did not?

Old 07-02-2012, 08:17 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,739,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
You quoted the OP and then say she is putting herself through trouble? The woman is trying everything in the world - BESIDES getting a job - to have someone pay for her vacation and you call that putting herself through trouble? What did you read that the rest of us did not?

Yes, she shouldn't bother asking anyone for money and putting herself through the TROUBLE of thinking people are going to actually help her, especially if they think she is of the ethnic background they associate with 'terrorists.' If she goes to a bank or institution to get a loan or whatever, those people are going to deny her. People are mostly no good and you can't rely on them for anything, which is what I said before. They aren't interested in helping anyone else and they're even less interested in helping Arabs, etc. So I don't know what you saw wrong with that.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:33 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,119,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Yes, she shouldn't bother asking anyone for money and putting herself through the TROUBLE of thinking people are going to actually help her, especially if they think she is of the ethnic background they associate with 'terrorists.' If she goes to a bank or institution to get a loan or whatever, those people are going to deny her. People are mostly no good and you can't rely on them for anything, which is what I said before. They aren't interested in helping anyone else and they're even less interested in helping Arabs, etc. So I don't know what you saw wrong with that.
I have no clue about her ethnicity - I don't give 3 sh*ts what it is. She is unemployed, not looking for work, yet asking for money for a "business" so she can take a vacation. She's looking for "loans" without paying interest for her vacation.

I have a problem with everything about her scam. People are going hungry and she wants to be loaned/gifted money for a vacation.

You're right. She shouldn't put herself through the "trouble" of thinking people are gtoing to help her - help her with her scam. She doesn't need help. What she wants is not a need. She doesn't deserve help to take a trip. She could get a job, but that's beneath her.

What is YOUR problem that you cannot tell the difference between a luxury (trip) and a need?

Old 07-02-2012, 01:55 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,760,041 times
Perhaps this entire thread is trolling? She hasn't come back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships