Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 07:12 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,118,086 times

Advertisements

Actually, with the wording of the initial post, I think she really expected either helpful advice or sympathy. I don't think she expected to be called out on her scam.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:00 PM

21 posts, read 32,905 times
I agree with Hedgehog_Mom. Your command of English is excellent. Perhaps you can tutor people who are attempting to learn English. Where I live, it's the community college that has the largest programs to teach English as a second language (ESL). I know the primary instructors can't speak every language the students speak, so maybe they could match you with people from your native country who could use personal tutoring. Then you could at least earn enough money to purchase a plane ticket to visit your family and friends.

Also, are there any clubs or social groups you could join that gather together people from your part of the world? Perhaps spending time with some other immigrants might make you feel less homesick.

Best of luck to you.[/quote]

EASY SAID THAN DONE.... I got my driving license over a year ago but do not have a car of my own. I wish that I have a small car to drive and build confidence. I dont like driving my husband car (during weekends). I dont have easy access to go places (including find job or go to work).

Old 07-16-2012, 12:05 PM

21 posts, read 32,905 times
I have lived in US since 2008 when I got married. My last visit to my country in May 2009. I had a huge savings but all used up mostly when my husband lost his job and when we move to another state. Now I'm so broke. I wish I could get a small used car (I got license over a year ago), study for degree, got a job or start a small business. But I have no money.
Most urgent is I need to visit my country where I have lived for over 40 years. USA is my second country where I live with my husband. I have asked for help especially the fact that I need money to buy ticket home (for few weeks). But nobody is willing to know me. There are many foundations, but all are helping certain people (of age, studies, location, race/religion). I have asked many successful Muslims and Muslim foundation/charity but none want to know me, especially when I said my urgent need is to fly home. There are many successful rich Muslims in US but all are too selfish to care. My email/letter did not get any reply. I dont know what to do. I'm actually a positive happy person. But now everyday is very depressing day for me. Please advice who can be my friend, know me, speak to me, see my documents and help me

Old 07-16-2012, 01:19 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,757,428 times
We have all said over and over again, you need to help yourself. Get a job, any job. Start saving. That is how you get by. You have a computer, and the internet? How are you paying for that?

Start looking at all the unecessary expenses in your life, magazines, cell phones, television, internet etc. Cut them out, and put that money into savings.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:56 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,118,086 times
Womaninred, you aren't "getting it". Charities are there to help people in "need". A trip to your country is not a need. Food and shelter are needs; shoes and coats for children are needs. Trips are a luxury. Why should anyone, Muslim or otherwise, rich or poor, fund your vacation? You want a luxury, pay for it; stop expecting the world to pay you to take a trip when people can't pay their electric bill.

You sound like a selfish, spoiled brat. If you're feeling disrespected, look at a mirror.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:49 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I have no clue about her ethnicity - I don't give 3 sh*ts what it is. She is unemployed, not looking for work, yet asking for money for a "business" so she can take a vacation. She's looking for "loans" without paying interest for her vacation.

I have a problem with everything about her scam. People are going hungry and she wants to be loaned/gifted money for a vacation.

You're right. She shouldn't put herself through the "trouble" of thinking people are gtoing to help her - help her with her scam. She doesn't need help. What she wants is not a need. She doesn't deserve help to take a trip. She could get a job, but that's beneath her.

What is YOUR problem that you cannot tell the difference between a luxury (trip) and a need?

I don't have a problem. if you do that's fine. I don't care either way if she gets the trip or not. no skin off of my nose.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:59 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,339,258 times
Conversation is over. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships