Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 09:26 PM

433 posts, read 1,374,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset2000 View Post
It sounds pretty much to what happend between you and this classmate of yours.

In order to help you, we need to know all these "misunderstanding" and "low social skills" issues of your past.
Ok well this one friend from many years ago, I met at summer camp and then we we started high school together a few weeks after camp ended. He threw a little tease at me and in my mind then, friends don't say things like that to each other and I just ended up ignoring him, not telling him why I was ignoring him. It went on and off throughout the whole school year with things I took too seriously and then it pretty much ended. In case you're interested, he teased me by telling me in gym class when we were starting a game of soccer that I should play the goalie because I "block everything". I was fat, get it? I was sorta shocked when he said that and thought that he didn't like me anymore or wasn't really a friend and just ended up ignoring him. I was planning on talking to him later on but then things just got worse with comments I took to seriously. It's a really long stupid story, but you get the idea from the first tease. I'd have to start a new thread explaining my sad embarrassing high school life to understand why I was lonely and miserable throughout all those years.

The second "almost-friendship" was about 2 years ago in this same trade school I was in. This guy who was really nice, talkative and liked talking to everyone including me was friendly with me and I was friendly with him. But I was shy and was talking mostly to only him and barely much to anyone else in class. I found that other classmates noticed this and I was scared that maybe they thought that I was gay and in love with him. Pretty dumb thought for an 18 year old, now that I think about it. I was really mostly talking to him only because he was sitting near me and was really nice and sociable. So I started avoiding talking to him as much as I could. I think he may have noticed it and there was a time where he tried to talk to me to cheer me up when I was looking blue and I ended up scoffing him and not looking at him so people wouldn't think I was in love with him. Things just went downhill ever since and he had a hard time trusting me.

I described those 2 incidents as briefly as possible. It would be much longer with more details if I described everything, but you get the basic idea. I don't think like that anymore and I now I've decided to just be nice to everyone and not be offended by everything. So now can you guys give a good response, since these events I described can supposedly help?

Last edited by mtlquebec102; 07-26-2012 at 09:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 04:37 PM

506 posts, read 1,164,185 times
I learned at least two facts about you:

1) You were fat. Has this changed? Are you eating right and exercising? How tall are you and how much do you weight not? Any plans and actions to change this?

2) You wrote "found that other classmates noticed this and I was scared that maybe they thought that I was gay and in love with him." You spent (past tense) too much time worrying about what people gossip and think of you. It's baseless! That has not changed. You spend (present tense) too much time worrying about what people gossip about you. People think and worry about themselves and usually don't spend that much time talking and thinking about someone else, other than some immature girls/women. People are too into themselves. GET THAT OUT OF YOUR HEAD THAT PEOPLE ARE GOSSIPING ABOUT YOU.

There! Can you focus on those two issues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships