Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 06:52 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,435,251 times

Advertisements

Abit about him based on appearance. He looked wasted on drugs or alcohol. Maori or Pacific Islander. Aged 25-30. Short and skinny. Looked like a criminal or accident waiting to happen.

Him "Have you got some spare change"

Me looking him in the eye : "Not for you I havn't"

Did it mainly for a few reasons. 1) Don't expect handouts from anyone. If you want/need money work like most people. 2) The adrenaline rush 3) I would back myself everytime to crunch him in self defence if required and in the process do society a favour.

So anyway as we were driving back, told the GF about it. She was not amused. I still maintain my reasons for doing so are valid. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 07:14 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,202,112 times
Oh and for kids I would hand them the hotline card for shelter for run away kids. The market for runaway kids in the sex trade in any major city is huge. They lure the scared kids from the bus stop and hook them on drugs.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
"Just for fun he said, 'get a job'." Seriously, haters are gonna hate. You don't know anyone's life but your own. Moderator cut: deletedYes there are druggie pan handlers. There are also helplessly mentally ill, people who have ben sold intot he sex trade and forced to do drugs. But let's just judge 'em. It's so much easier.

Whenever someone asks me for spare change for food, I buy them a sandwich. Then I know whether they really wanted it for food. I have only ever had one person reject the sandwich in all the years of city living. Everyone else has fallen over with gratitude.
Get a job is another good option to say. Yes, I myself have given money or food with them in the past.
But he struck me on the wrong day for his sake.

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 08-15-2012 at 04:44 PM..

Old 08-15-2012, 07:16 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,205,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Abit about him based on appearance. He looked wasted on drugs or alcohol. Maori or Pacific Islander. Aged 25-30. Short and skinny. Looked like a criminal or accident waiting to happen.

Him "Have you got some spare change"

Me looking him in the eye : "Not for you I havn't"

Did it mainly for a few reasons. 1) Don't expect handouts from anyone. If you want/need money work like most people. 2) The adrenaline rush 3) I would back myself everytime to crunch him in self defence if required and in the process do society a favour.

So anyway as we were driving back, told the GF about it. She was not amused. I still maintain my reasons for doing so are valid. Thoughts?
Right there. Item number 2. That alone would make you a loose cannon I would not feel safe being around or to trust to keep a level head in the face of a more serious situation. That is the same thing that the people who steal, kill, rape and murder feel and get off on - the adrenaline rush. It makes me no safer in your presence and actually puts the other person your with in harms way - I wouldn't have been amused either.

I was held up with someone else in downtown Altanta by three men with guns. He was in the street and I was in the car and ducked down really fast. I removed everything I could from the seats and my purse and shoved it all under the seat. I put loose change, a couple dollars a hairbrush and tissues over the money back in my purse. I did it all within seconds of seeing the gun. Then it came through the window right up to my head. I remember this guy's eyes and I will never forget them and he was on something with that gun to my head. I saw my friend standing in the street with his hands up and he was calm. Cooler heads prevailed and my friend found an out and jumped into the car and I handed him my purse and told him to throw it out his side of the window as far as he could. He hesitated and I actually yelled at him, 'just effing do it!" and he did. I knew they didn't trust each other and all three of them would run after it. That gave us an out.

Had he been a wild card, adrenaline rushing, thrill seeking, loose cannon as yourself I would probably have been dead at the age of 22. He thought everything was in my purse and apologized - I pulled hundreds of dollars worth of stuff including his cash and mine out from under the seat and he couldn't believe I had done that under those conditions in that short period of time. $10 isn't worth getting my head blown off and since he and I were both well travelled around the world, we both knew what to do. We were both glad we had been with each other and not with someone else. I felt safer with him than I did with anyone else. He knew how to use his head in these situations and not his damn hormones and it saved both our lives.

If you told me that story and I was your girlfriend, I wouldn't feel safe around you at all. Being a cocky dumb ass is nothing to brag about.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:20 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,045,663 times
Does she think it's weird that you got a rush from a fantasy physical altercation? Because I did. I don't get the big deal for you. Saying no to a panhandler is pretty standard stuff for urban dwellers.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:24 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,202,112 times
Quote:
Get a job is another good option to say.
LOL! I was quoting a song in which a db says that to a homeless man who CAN'T get a job. It was intended to be very offensive.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Right there. Item number 2. That alone would make you a loose cannon I would not feel safe being around or to trust to keep a level head in the face of a more serious situation. That is the same thing that the people who steal, kill, rape and murder feel and get off on - the adrenaline rush. It makes me no safer in your presence and actually puts the other person your with in harms way - I wouldn't have been amused either.

I was held up with someone else in downtown Altanta by three men with guns. He was in the street and I was in the car and ducked down really fast. I removed everything I could from the seats and my purse and shoved it all under the seat. I put loose change, a couple dollars a hairbrush and tissues over the money back in my purse. I did it all within seconds of seeing the gun. Then it came through the window right up to my head. I remember this guy's eyes and I will never forget them and he was on something with that gun to my head. I saw my friend standing in the street with his hands up and he was calm. Cooler heads prevailed and my friend found an out and jumped into the car and I handed him my purse and told him to throw it out his side of the window as far as he could. He hesitated and I actually yelled at him, 'just effing do it!" and he did. I knew they didn't trust each other and all three of them would run after it. That gave us an out.

Had he been a wild card, adrenaline rushing, thrill seeking, loose cannon as yourself I would probably have been dead at the age of 22. He thought everything was in my purse and apologized - I pulled hundreds of dollars worth of stuff including his cash and mine out from under the seat and he couldn't believe I had done that under those conditions in that short period of time. $10 isn't worth getting my head blown off and since he and I were both well travelled around the world, we both knew what to do. We were both glad we had been with each other and not with someone else. I felt safer with him than I did with anyone else. He knew how to use his head in these situations and not his damn hormones and it saved both our lives.

If you told me that story and I was your girlfriend, I wouldn't feel safe around you at all. Being a cocky dumb ass is nothing to brag about.

The key is, as stated in my previous post in this thread....99/100 I don't react like that. So if I was in your scenario/story highly likely you would have lived. He struck me on the wrong day for his sake.
Which is why I made this thread b/c its the first time I have reacted that way to a beggar.
If that sort of reaction by me was common place then you would have a point.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Does she think it's weird that you got a rush from a fantasy physical altercation? Because I did. I don't get the big deal for you. Saying no to a panhandler is pretty standard stuff for urban dwellers.
It was more the way I said it.....in a semi-confrontational, offensive and degrading way.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
The key is, as stated in my previous post in this thread....99/100 I don't react like that. So if I was in your scenario/story highly likely you would have lived. He struck me on the wrong day for his sake.
Which is why I made this thread b/c its the first time I have reacted that way to a beggar.
If that sort of reaction by me was common place then you would have a point.
I do have a point. All it takes is just one time. And your boasting about the Adrenaline Rush would make me want to dump your rear end right on the spot. You were acting like a Junior High Schooler and I wouldn't put myself in your hands for safe keeping from then on out. I can imagine laying there bleeding to death from the head and having you say, "Sorry, I don't normally act like that it was a bad day and I liked the adrenaline rush." You'd be history. Not only would I never trust you to protect me I would actually fear you would put me in harms way from then on out. Once an animal tastes blood they always want more. Once you start doing things because of an adrenaline rush...you'll keep doing it and it takes more and more to feed it. No thanks -psycho.

Last edited by Thursday007; 08-15-2012 at 07:51 AM..

Old 08-15-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I did too. Coupled with my recent reseach on serial killers and there was one commonality among them all - the Adrenaline Rush. Once they did it once, they wanted to do it again and couldn't stop. Interview after interview they all said the same exact thing. It's just dumb and reckless or there is a more serious issue that is developing. I wouldn't stick around to find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships