Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 03:51 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,253,241 times

Advertisements

Pretty pathetic - regardless of what your opinion on panhandlers, they usually aren't having the best of times in this world for one reason or another and there is no reason to dump on them

a simple no would have been sufficient

however, the bragging and fantasy aspect is pretty interesting - basically like you'd have a justified reason to bust on someone that society doesn't give a rip about anyway .... a perfect opportunity, right?

just something to keep in mind - people are at their most dangerous when they have nothing to lose and while many "street kids" are pretty beaten down in their lives and not looking to fight or have the energy for a good bout ...... however, you have a lot more to lose than they do

so be careful not to be the proverbial back breaking straw - or else that fantasy could end with him attacking you with much force without you knowing it ..... maybe as your walking away he uses a weapon on you .... after all, you have everything to lose here .... this street kid could actually gain a roof over his head and food in his stomach and maybe even some needed help just by attacking a jerk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 03:54 PM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 3 days ago)

16,092 posts, read 21,222,224 times
Weird way to get your jollies.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:11 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,150,245 times
When I read the thread title I was hoping It was something good you did for this kid.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:10 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,064,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Let me get this straight.

Did somebody actually start a thread to announce to everyone in Cyberworld that a panhandler asked him for money and he refused?

Seriously? Like, this is postworthy for some reason?

And then, people actually responded?

Is there a most pathetic thread contest? 'Cause we've got an entry right here.
hahaha!

Old 08-15-2012, 10:06 PM

10,057 posts, read 18,123,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
It was more the way I said it.....in a semi-confrontational, offensive and degrading way.
But WHY? What was the point? To show that you are somehow better than he is? You really get an adrenaline rush out of being confrontational, offensive, and degrading? Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
When I read the thread title I was hoping It was something good you did for this kid.
I thought the same thing, then I started reading.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:11 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,222,728 times
Quote:

Did it mainly for a few reasons. 1) Don't expect handouts from anyone. If you want/need money work like most people. 2) The adrenaline rush 3) I would back myself everytime to crunch him in self defence if required and in the process do society a favour.

So anyway as we were driving back, told the GF about it. She was not amused. I still maintain my reasons for doing so are valid. Thoughts?

That's what Hitler thought too.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:34 PM

23,270 posts, read 29,133,463 times
These people aren't stupid, by a long shot, and if they don't want to work in this world, there are options to being taken care of for the rest of your life, even if you're in your 20's. It's called Medicaid!

I work in a LTC/Rehab facility, I see it everyday! A burnt out crackhead, in her 20's, who's so burnt out she loses her balance walking the halls. A crying shame! Any number of younger homeless people today who have made their way onto the Medicaid rolls, via long-term abuse.

Another man, 33 YO, drank himself into a heart attack, left side of his body paralyzed, on IV's. This man you'll never see panhandling ever again! Or homeless! Medicaid pays for everything!

Doesn't matter how this person spends the $$, as the great Indian saying convinces me: Give $10 away, and $30 will come back to you in some form or another!

So, you passed up an opportunity to increase your "wealth"!

Old 08-15-2012, 11:51 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,944,221 times
Quote:
Abit about him based on appearance. He looked wasted on drugs or alcohol. Maori or Pacific Islander. Aged 25-30. Short and skinny. Looked like a criminal or accident waiting to happen.

Him "Have you got some spare change"

Me looking him in the eye : "Not for you I havn't"

Did it mainly for a few reasons. 1) Don't expect handouts from anyone. If you want/need money work like most people. 2) The adrenaline rush 3) I would back myself everytime to crunch him in self defence if required and in the process do society a favour.

So anyway as we were driving back, told the GF about it. She was not amused. I still maintain my reasons for doing so are valid. Thoughts?
This is horrible behavior and totally ego-based.

Your "reasons" make no difference. You injured another human being and for no reason, other than the fact that you judged yourself to be "better" than him. Truly despicable and sad behavior. I would not want a boyfriend or husband who was so blatantly and overtly cruel.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:29 AM

148 posts, read 239,491 times
Default yea do that in the chi watch ur back

lol id love to see u try that crap on lower wacker dr somewhere. theyd smell yer weaksauce bs and throw u in the garbage barel n burn you up and laugh all about it. saying that you get off on the possibility of confrontation makes someone bipolar like myself want to set ppl like you straight. you need to scrap? pick on someone thats a fair fight, not some bum just tryin to live. i try to help the homeless whenever possible. i even gave them leftover whitecastle one time cuz someone was just gonna throw half a crave case out cuz they bought too much while wasted. ive known good people that went homeless cuz of the economy, and one friend that didnt make it cuz he was murdered while homeless. pieces of crap like you need to live homeless for awhile. it might teach you humility and to be compassionate for the poor.

lemme ask what would u think if u got thrown out on yer ass and some techy-geek-chic asian kid passed u up laughin at you while u asked for a dollar? dont think it cant happen cuz bad stuff happens to good people everyday. keep that thinkin and id bet ur time is just about up. when that happens let me know. im more than willin to scrap. straight up next time u cross a busy street i hope you get hit. now go tell ur gf bout that so u can seek approval. crap like you make it hard for decent guys like me to find a good girl cuz they get brainwashed with youre broken thinking. now go drink some bum urine. it might clear up that p.o.s. u call a brain.

next time u want an adrenaline rush imma take ur cell phone and drop u off in middle of humboldt park at night. lets see how far youre ego gets you when the gangbangers start askin for YOUR money!!! i bet u wont even make it out the park

Last edited by jpchi60630; 08-16-2012 at 12:54 AM..

Old 08-16-2012, 03:30 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,357,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchi60630 View Post
lol id love to see u try that crap on lower wacker dr somewhere. theyd smell yer weaksauce bs and throw u in the garbage barel n burn you up and laugh all about it. saying that you get off on the possibility of confrontation makes someone bipolar like myself want to set ppl like you straight. you need to scrap? pick on someone thats a fair fight, not some bum just tryin to live. i try to help the homeless whenever possible. i even gave them leftover whitecastle one time cuz someone was just gonna throw half a crave case out cuz they bought too much while wasted. ive known good people that went homeless cuz of the economy, and one friend that didnt make it cuz he was murdered while homeless. pieces of crap like you need to live homeless for awhile. it might teach you humility and to be compassionate for the poor.

lemme ask what would u think if u got thrown out on yer ass and some techy-geek-chic asian kid passed u up laughin at you while u asked for a dollar? dont think it cant happen cuz bad stuff happens to good people everyday. keep that thinkin and id bet ur time is just about up. when that happens let me know. im more than willin to scrap. straight up next time u cross a busy street i hope you get hit. now go tell ur gf bout that so u can seek approval. crap like you make it hard for decent guys like me to find a good girl cuz they get brainwashed with youre broken thinking. now go drink some bum urine. it might clear up that p.o.s. u call a brain.

next time u want an adrenaline rush imma take ur cell phone and drop u off in middle of humboldt park at night. lets see how far youre ego gets you when the gangbangers start askin for YOUR money!!! i bet u wont even make it out the park

Yea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships