Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 09:55 AM

195 posts, read 293,639 times

Advertisements

Do you believe that most people who are treated very badly by others are at least partially at fault? That seldom, people will just treat others badly for no reason whatsoever.

One of my sisters is going through a terrible child custody situation in the courts. She is always telling anyone who will listen how terrible her ex husband is treating her and how terribly abusive he is, etc, etc.

One of my brother in laws had the courage to ask the obvious question: "Are you completely without fault or blame in this situation" In other words he would not believe that there are two sides to the situation and it is unlikely that the ex husband is totally evil and cruel.

Have you ever been treated partially poorly by someone and did absolutely nothing wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 10:02 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post
Do you believe that most people who are treated very badly by others are at least partially at fault? That seldom, people will just treat others badly for no reason whatsoever.

One of my sisters is going through a terrible child custody situation in the courts. She is always telling anyone who will listen how terrible her ex husband is treating her and how terribly abusive he is, etc, etc.

One of my brother in laws had the courage to ask the obvious question: "Are you completely without fault or blame in this situation" In other words he would not believe that there are two sides to the situation and it is unlikely that the ex husband is totally evil and cruel.

Have you ever been treated partially poorly by someone and did absolutely nothing wrong?

Sure I have! I think everyone in this world has had an experience with another person's misdirected anger.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:08 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,180,670 times
Everyone at some point in their life will cross paths with an individual who for no known reason will treat them poorly.

Very unfortunate but the truth

Old 12-15-2009, 10:42 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,722,203 times
Sure I have......most people I KNOW have. There really are some terrible, mean people out there. One of the things that I try to do though, is bite the bit, when someone starts telling me about horrible, horrible things that were done to them, and vehemently deny that they did ANYTHING at fault. I generally, if at all possible, try to get both sides of the story before I make any hasty judgements or open my mouth. I know that might make me look nosey, but it's best to play it safe. Unfortunately, I have also seen many cases where the one who is playing the "victim", is actually the perpetrator.

You are only getting one side of the story....but again, there really are some controlling, evil people out there. All it takes for some people to lash out.....is for them to see someone who is "happier" than them.... they just HAVE to try to burst that bubble and make the other person miserable! LOL

Old 12-15-2009, 10:48 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Unfortunately we occasionally run across people with anger problems. I just try to diffuse and detach. those folks are walking grenades and I dont like to be around when they go off.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:58 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
It is a lie. Human beings have a history of treating others like trash for no reason. IE: Black Slavery, Black Segregation, Nazi Holocaust, Homophobia, Pol Pot's Year Zero, etc.

Quote:

Old 12-15-2009, 02:00 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
There are people with anger problems that hide it very well. They are passive aggressive. They are walking around looking for a "grenade" to set off. That means they provoke and irritate another until that person gets fuming and furious. There are a lot of passive aggressive women and men out there. The one who raises his voice and gets angry is the one who everyone likes to scapegoat and point fingers at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Unfortunately we occasionally run across people with anger problems. I just try to diffuse and detach. those folks are walking grenades and I dont like to be around when they go off.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:02 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
So far I agree with everyone. You don't need to look far to see it's true, people can and do treat each other badly for no reason at all.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:12 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
Everyone at some point in their life will cross paths with an individual who for no known reason will treat them poorly.

Very unfortunate but the truth
Being treated badly is one of those things definite in life...kind of like death and taxes.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:18 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:

More times than I care to count. Aside from my personal experiences, I have seen it happen often. It is not so uncommon, not so "seldom".

It takes real internal fortitude to not give in temptation, that includes being cruel and hurtful to others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships