Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2013, 01:16 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
I have to spread the love before I can rep you again but I agree 110% with what you are saying. I love and respect and enjoy my parents. I hope if I ever have children they feel the same way about me.

I told my mom this a month ago

"I really enjoy talking to you face to face but for some reason when you talk on the phone you treat it like it's your own talk show. You just want me to sit there and listen and I have trouble doing that for a half hour so I think you need to start allowing me to talk also because a conversation is just not you talking the entire time"

Old 03-08-2013, 01:22 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
How would they know? I have no intentions on telling them.
The truth of a person's character always comes out eventually. What if there's an emergency in your family and you've blocked them all from contacting you? But from every indication it sounds like you'd rather be texting with women than be bothered with your family regardless of the circumstances. I don't care if your mom texts you nonsense all day long - she's your mother. She gave life to you and she cares for you. I could understand if she was hooked on drugs and texting you for money or to bail her out of jail.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:07 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
The truth of a person's character always comes out eventually. What if there's an emergency in your family and you've blocked them all from contacting you? But from every indication it sounds like you'd rather be texting with women than be bothered with your family regardless of the circumstances. I don't care if your mom texts you nonsense all day long - she's your mother. She gave life to you and she cares for you. I could understand if she was hooked on drugs and texting you for money or to bail her out of jail.
The reason the OP is always scrambling to find new females, is because he has trouble keeping long term relationships. Usually the best he can expect is a few text messages from a potential date, before she moves on to find a suitable mate.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:

It's been stated I can be contact through facebook if there is an emergency since I'm logged on from the phone.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
Agreed.
A man who doesn't respect his own mother is not likely to respect any other woman in his life.

I have a friend who hates his mother with a passion and has been happily married for 5 years.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:53 PM

819 posts, read 1,592,812 times
You.just.don't.get.it. So sad.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:05 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
No I mean that I will have to date older woman unless I hit the LOTTO. At 43 I won;t be able to date women in their 20's anymore, it will have to be 35 or older. And most woman in that age bracket who is a catch are already taken so my only other option will have to be a woman who has kids in college and separated.

Dating someone attractive without kids is almost over for me
Pretty much. Most people I know who got to age 40 without finding someone long term/marriage/domestic partner, etc., are going to be single the rest of their lives. At some point, I think people get so set in their ways that they just aren't capable of the "give and take" of a long term relationship. Or something with their personality is just flawed.

Or are you just talking about having sex with 20's women?

Old 03-08-2013, 03:06 PM

410 posts, read 515,267 times
[quote=WestPhillyDude75;28503840]I am really getting tired of my mother texting me about stupid stuff everyday or calling to say nothing. Especially when I want it to be a text message from a girl I went on a date with and it turns out to be my mother. I just had dinner with my mom last night and this afternoon she is already texting me about something sports related when she is not even a real fan.

I mean if I was just with you last night then why do I need to talk to you today? I really want to have a separate number for her to call so i can have my regular number for everyone else. I'm already in a irritated mood because so far today I received two text messages and both were from her.

So i decided to put her on call block the rest of the day because I don't want any more texts from her the rest of the day or do I have any interest in talking on the phone.

Who needs to talk to their mother every damm day of the week?[/quote

You must be a young person.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:08 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
I guess I don't understand the people that say parent and child each have their own lives, so they don't need to bother each other. I live 1500 miles away from my parents. We each have our own lives with jobs, friends, hobbies, etc. but I truly enjoy talking to my parents. I value their advice, I like talking to them...now that I'm an adult I consider my parents friends. Maybe I'm abnormal in the kind of relationship that I have with my parents. Checking in with them never feels like an obligation. It's something I want to do.
I'd love to have that relationship with my mother. But if I gave you my mom's phone number and had you call her, you'd soon realize that she's not someone who is enjoyable to speak with or be friends with. Actually, you can't speak with her. You listen while she monalogues about nothing any human being would ever want to hear about

Old 03-08-2013, 03:15 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I'd love to have that relationship with my mother. But if I gave you my mom's phone number and had you call her, you'd soon realize that she's not someone who is enjoyable to speak with or be friends with. Actually, you can't speak with her. You listen while she monalogues about nothing any human being would ever want to hear about
Well, not everyone is close to their mom like I am and I know some people have legit reasons for keeping distance from their family, but from what the OP described it sounds like his mom just wants to chat, is lonely, who knows...nothing so terrible she deserves being blocked. Plus, he lost a lot of credibility when the reason his mom is annoying him so much is because she texts him when he wishes it was "females" texting him. Hmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.