Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 09:21 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trell B View Post
UPDATE: She started in on me again last night. This occurred because she was on the phone, and i did not say anything. I just went in my room. Later she came in and satarted screaming i didnt speak to her, telling me to get off my laptop, then she went on and on about how i'm ungrateful and ornery and how i need to humble myself to her and it just escalated from there.

She said i had balll, and that she will snip them off. She said im not a man until she says i am and that i am LESS THAN **** until she says i am. Then she want as far as threateneing my life by saying sh would put her .38 caliber pistol on me. This time i didn't even say anything, and just sat there and let her run her goddamn mouth. She is telling me to shut the **** up, she will not listen to what i have to say, and she went on saying She does not like me sitting there. She says that i will give her my paycheck and if not get the **** out.

This was unprovoked. I do my best to avoid her and it still dosent work.
This is a good example of an occasion in which a 911 call would have been very appropriate. It might not be a bad idea to go by the police department and report this incident, since your mother threatened your life - does she actually have a .38 pistol?? If so, is it kept under lock and key?

You do not deserve this abuse, and your mother sounds mentally disturbed, violent and dangerous. She clearly needs help, but you need to protect yourself from her as long as she is behaving in this way. So please: call the police, or your local abuse hotline, or your local shelter, or your local mental health center - better yet, go in person to any of these places and tell them what happened and what you're enduring. You can get help to free yourself from this completely untenable situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 09:44 AM

80 posts, read 87,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
This is a good example of an occasion in which a 911 call would have been very appropriate. It might not be a bad idea to go by the police department and report this incident, since your mother threatened your life - does she actually have a .38 pistol?? If so, is it kept under lock and key?

You do not deserve this abuse, and your mother sounds mentally disturbed, violent and dangerous. She clearly needs help, but you need to protect yourself from her as long as she is behaving in this way. So please: call the police, or your local abuse hotline, or your local shelter, or your local mental health center - better yet, go in person to any of these places and tell them what happened and what you're enduring. You can get help to free yourself from this completely untenable situation.
Yes, im working alongside my manager letting them know whats happening. I hope they transfer me as far away as possible from this wretched state to put as much distance as i possibly can between me and my mother when i ask

Old 03-09-2013, 07:55 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Yes, im working alongside my manager letting them know whats happening. I hope they transfer me as far away as possible from this wretched state to put as much distance as i possibly can between me and my mother when i ask
In the meantime move out --

Domestic Abuse

And if you think she will show up at your workplace, get a protective order now. When someone makes a threat to use a gun on you, don't shrug it off. Report it to the police, you can even ask the police if they know where you could go to get away from this situation.

Obviously the woman has a screw loose, don't take chances because when someone is mentally ill, you really cannot predict how far they would go, if she said it, believe her. Especially since she will still want the money.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
In the meantime move out --

Domestic Abuse

And if you think she will show up at your workplace, get a protective order now. When someone makes a threat to use a gun on you, don't shrug it off. Report it to the police, you can even ask the police if they know where you could go to get away from this situation.

Obviously the woman has a screw loose, don't take chances because when someone is mentally ill, you really cannot predict how far they would go, if she said it, believe her. Especially since she will still want the money.
Well i do my banking at the same branch my mom banks at. HOWEVER, the accound is in MY name only, so she CANNOT do anything about it UNLESS i give her permission, which will be AFTER her body is DEAD and COLD and IN THE GROUND.......or BURNT TO ASHES...only then will i give her permission. LOL

Old 03-09-2013, 04:12 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
Quote:
UPDATE: She started in on me again last night. This occurred because she was on the phone, and i did not say anything. I just went in my room. Later she came in and satarted screaming i didnt speak to her, telling me to get off my laptop, then she went on and on about how i'm ungrateful and ornery and how i need to humble myself to her and it just escalated from there.

She said i had balll, and that she will snip them off. She said im not a man until she says i am and that i am LESS THAN **** until she says i am. Then she want as far as threateneing my life by saying sh would put her .38 caliber pistol on me. This time i didn't even say anything, and just sat there and let her run her goddamn mouth. She is telling me to shut the **** up, she will not listen to what i have to say, and she went on saying She does not like me sitting there. She says that i will give her my paycheck and if not get the **** out.

This was unprovoked. I do my best to avoid her and it still dosent work.

Why didn't you call the police?

Old 03-09-2013, 05:33 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,835,038 times
Run! Run like you've never run before!

Old 03-09-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Why didn't you call the police?

Because i would be the one who ends up in jail. She twists the truth around and then likes to make the victim look bad.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:06 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Trell: just get the "F" outta there! Nut jobs can't be played with; they're like meth heads or mean drunks.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:22 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
Quote:
Because i would be the one who ends up in jail. She twists the truth around and then likes to make the victim look bad.
Get one of those small tape recorders and keep it with you in a loose pocket at all times. When she starts her nonsense, record her.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:02 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Get one of those small tape recorders and keep it with you in a loose pocket at all times. When she starts her nonsense, record her.
Getting out would be better. Just pack up his few things and move out. Certainly with the housing situation there, he could find a pretty cheap rental house or room. Even possibly buy one, housing has not been cheaper in decades. In the Detroit area, houses are selling for under $10,000. There has to be some pretty cheap rent out there.

Otherwise there are domestic abuse shelters which are also for men. Some want a small payment and since he's working, that shouldn't be too tough to do.

I think since she has already mentioned a gun, it's time not to mess around anymore. Calling the police on her really could get him in jail, it becomes a he said - she said and a young man up against a poor fragile elderly woman -- they'll put him in jail. He can get out and get a protective order however to keep her from showing up where he works and making a scene and interfering with his workplace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships