Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 02:35 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperC View Post
She is NOT mentally challenged at all, but hot-tempered, strong willed and hate to be diciplined, she WANT things her way!

She told the officer that she did not obey a demand to pull off the road. They arrest her but she said she don't want to be arrested and will not pay the fines or listen to them! Whem they touch her with the handcuffs, she lost it! She fights and scream-beg them to leave her.
Life is a great equalizer. If she can't handle jail, that is not your problem. She created more problems for herself than was necessary-- she'll have to deal with the consequences of that. Her arrogance is astounding and she needed to be put in her place.

The fact that you feel sorry for her and the way you worded the OP actually disgusts me. She was "handcuffed against her own will"? You feel sorry for her? She obviously is a very irresponsible and a reckless driver. Too many people died on the road because of the speeding demons who have such cavalier attitude towards what is actually a privilege. Your sister obviously doesn't deserve the privilege of driving if she can't do the basics, which is to be mindful of the rules of driving and taking care of any infractions she received.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 03:03 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
I'm not sure what the OP is looking for here. Hopefully not sympathy for her sister.

If she's looking for advice to convince her sister of the error of her ways, well, at her age, it's not going to happen. Unless, of course, the courts force the issue. Firmly on the side of law enforcement here!

Old 04-24-2013, 03:08 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
She ran from the police during a traffic stop??? OMG she's lucky she's not dead!
OMG! I KNOW! RIGHT!? LOL...oh SHYT! HAHAHAHAAAA!! DUH!!!!! NOT mentally challenged? NOT?

Old 04-24-2013, 03:12 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
She ran from the police during a traffic stop??? OMG she's lucky she's not dead!
Obviously she is not in Los Angeles. LAPD would have blown her head off and this thread would be in P&OC.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:51 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
SO basically, your sister being all strong willed and all, believes the laws and rules of society do not apply to her, and she can behave however she pleases, without consequences?

I'm surprised she's lasted to 40.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:16 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,910,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Why does it matter [where this happened]? You think the law that says "Don't run from a cop" varies from town to town?
Perhaps you missed my post on the subject of where this happened, but it matters to me if it happened in South Africa, where the OP is apparently from. Sure, I admit that the law "don't run from a cop" is probably much the same in South Africa, but the whole context of the situation may be quite different there. I am on solid ground commenting if this event occurred in the United States, but less so if it occurred in South Africa.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:28 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
OMG. I know this isnt funny and I'd absolutely hate, hate, hate to live/work/associate with someone like the OP's sister -- but I cant stop laughing at the sister's insisting that she doesnt want to be arrested. The visual of this incident is just too humorous.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:45 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,125,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
SO basically, your sister being all strong willed and all, believes the laws and rules of society do not apply to her, and she can behave however she pleases, without consequences?

I'm surprised she's lasted to 40.
I'm surprised she's not a politician.

Or maybe she is, and we will see her on the evening news stirring up controversy over her arrest.

Anyway, here are some words for her to live by.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:04 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,699,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Wait, she told them she didn't want to get arrested?

Well they should have totally stopped the arrestation at that point. You can't arrest someone if they say no. Its in the constertution.

Yeah I think the police are supposed to make an appointment with you so they know that you are looking forward to being arrested

Old 04-24-2013, 07:24 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
Damn cops are brutal in some parts of the world, that would never happen like that here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships