Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 11:39 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,996,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
If you have repeated, hostile encounters with strangers, your problem is probably YOU.

Sure, Because society is surely a paragon of selflessness and virtue today, isn't it?

Old 08-23-2013, 12:49 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,742,248 times
Those looking for trouble, get it. Those looking for peace, find it. We all find what we are looking for, except Bono (U2). We all find what we deserve.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:24 AM

26 posts, read 28,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Define what "looking for trouble" means. Is calling someone out because they were an a*sh*le to you, "looking for trouble"?
Could be. What's the point of confronting someone who walks in front of you? It's like honking at someone cutting you off in traffic. Do you think they'll hear the honk and have an epiphany that changes the way they drive? Either they didn't see you or are just a bad driver.

There are too many crazy people out there. If someone is threatening you or your family, that's one thing. To call them out because they cut you off is childish. It serves no purpose.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:54 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,487,554 times
Quote:
Sure, Because society is surely a paragon of selflessness and virtue today, isn't it?
No, of course it isn't. And it never has been. But using that fact to give yourself permission to provoke needless confrontations with strangers just proves my point. It sounds like you are bitter and resentful and actively looking for opportunities to get in people's faces.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:01 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,252,000 times
I avoid them at all cost, however, if they persist, I'm going punch someone in throat.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:38 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,858,666 times
Not physical, but verbal.

My husband and I were at a Cleveland Indians game earlier this year. We noticed a young guy wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt.

My husband proceeded to school him on what Guevara actually did and who he was. The guy shouted back some ridiculous stuff I can't even follow, & a verbal exchange ensued.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:23 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,575,553 times
Quote:
Define what "looking for trouble" means. Is calling someone out because they were an a*sh*le to you, "looking for trouble"?

Dude, you are way angry. Got some rage in you probably going back a long, long way. You displace it onto everyday situations. No one else is going to stop living simply to conform to shaping the world around you. So you are going to carry on getting enraged. And then rationalizing it. You can chill out or continue feeding and indulging the rage. Are you too set in your ways to change?

Old 08-23-2013, 09:25 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,881,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
Every once in awhile, will run into complete strangers and get into a little heat

Today, I was strolling along the street heading towards the crosswalk when this guy and his 2 friends (a gal and another guy) cut me off, to cross the other side but it was red on their direction (they would've had to just wait while my direction was green).

The first guy cut me off and I walked fast enough to not allow the other 2 to do the same thing. So I confronted them about it- told them to watch where they're going- and then the friend had the nerve to swear at me! I got the final word in- yes a few heated words exchanged, but couldn't believe his comeback as they were in the wrong!

Anyone else have stories of confrontations with strangers to tell?
I dunno, I dont think its worth it..these days you can get gunned down for getting into little exchanges with strangers, better to keep walking, dont sweat the small stuff.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:32 AM

102,241 posts, read 108,130,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
About once a month someone cuts me off, bumps into me at the bar, spills a drink on me.
What is this bizarre behavior? Some kind of male dominance thing??

Old 08-23-2013, 09:36 AM

102,241 posts, read 108,130,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
Not physical, but verbal.

My husband and I were at a Cleveland Indians game earlier this year. We noticed a young guy wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt.

My husband proceeded to school him on what Guevara actually did and who he was. The guy shouted back some ridiculous stuff I can't even follow, & a verbal exchange ensued.
Who does that? Who gets worked up about a T-shirt someone's wearing, and accosts them to lecture them about it? Why would he even assume the person didn't know who Che Guevara was? What is this world coming to?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships