Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 09:31 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,533,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uber clever user name View Post
I am tempted to at times. For instance yesterday I saw an "Obama 2012" sticker and was tempted to ask the man behind the wheel if he was planning on scraping it off any time soon. I didn't do it but I wouldn't have much of a problem with asking. I mean, you're basically advertising your political views when you slap on stickers in such a visible place, right? So you should be able to defend your position at all times.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, I voted for the POTUS the first time but not the second. Drone attacks and continuation of Dubya's neocon policies were a bit too much for me. So please don't accuse me of being a 'bagger...
Lol i still see Obama 08 stickers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 02:48 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,781,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, I wouldn't comment unless it was something I was interested in too, as if he and I had a common interest. But here is one guy I would HAVE to talk to and try to find out why he is so angry !! Looks like EVERYTHING pisses this guy off !

Wonder what trade in time will be like for that baby ???????

Don
And I bet in spite of the "peace" stickers, that guy is all hyped up for a war against Syria.

You'd really wonder about someone like that.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:10 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,222,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And I bet in spite of the "peace" stickers, that guy is all hyped up for a war against Syria.

You'd really wonder about someone like that.
I'm neither Republican nor Democrat. I am, most years, a split ticket voter. But I really was amazed at the wholesale naiveté of the people who filed into the voting booth for Obama in 2008 and 2012. Here the guy had scant experience at the national level (two years) and zero executive experience, yet they voted him in over some better people, Republican and Democrat. It was as if they were so dazzled by the narrative of electing the first black president that they overlooked his wholesale emptiness. I mean, the guy was lost without a TeleprompTer, he hasn't managed to get a budget passed in SIX years despite at least two years of control in Congress, he can't even manage to get the Obamacare specifics working, and he's approved the wholesale shredding of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights when it comes to government spying on its own citizens. The workforce participation rate continues to dwindle and real household income has shrunk over the past five years. And the list goes on and on. How people still defend the guy is just mindblowing to me. They are just as bad as the Neocons who kept their W stickers on their cars right through the 2008 election.

Now, despite the overwhelming disapproval of the American people who fail to see how our vital interests are at stake in Syria, he wanted to bomb Syria and now doesn't want to bomb Syria. Hey, bombing Syria is not nearly as good an option as not bombing it, but at least stick to a course of action. As it is, now Obama looks like a feckless, incompetent nincompoop who is going to be putty in the hands of whatever despot he tries to take on.

You got an incompetent president on your hands, folks. Yeah, he inherited problems. But a halfway competent president, either a Clinton or a Bush41, would have handled these issues a lot more capably than the guy we have now.

Last edited by cpg35223; 09-07-2013 at 09:24 AM..

Old 09-07-2013, 10:43 AM

50,980 posts, read 36,683,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegreen aura View Post
Oh gee...I dunno...If someone is broadcasting something, you really don't think it's okay to ask them about their views?
I didn't say it's not "okay", just that I don't see what the point would be in doing so.

Kibbiekat you took the words out of my mouth, in fact saw your post after I posted this!

Old 09-07-2013, 11:23 AM

14 posts, read 16,398 times
No. I don't care about bumper stickers.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:24 AM

537 posts, read 741,167 times
I love the head-shaking, smiles, glares, and peace signs I get from my "Nobody cares about your stick figure family" decal. And I am typically not a fan of desecrating my ride.

But, it had to be done. For . . . the children.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:18 AM

13 posts, read 13,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Cat View Post
I love the head-shaking, smiles, glares, and peace signs I get from my "Nobody cares about your stick figure family" decal. And I am typically not a fan of desecrating my ride.

*Woosh!*

Old 09-09-2013, 02:21 PM

4,241 posts, read 7,188,377 times
Quote:
Oh gee...I dunno...If someone is broadcasting something, you really don't think it's okay to ask them about their views?
This is kind of a good point, but, as in general conversation, it is uncool to discuss religion or politics. Which is why I like things like the funny stickers, band stickers (like Phish or Greatful Dead and others), and tourist/local booster or environmental type things...like the No Farms/No Food one mentioned upthread, or the "Get out and Bike" or "Get out and Hike" ones we see here in Dayton (put out by a park disrtrict), or buisness ones, like from coffeeshops....

Those I think are more comment-able in a postive way.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:33 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,222,989 times
Let me put it to you this way. Do you stroll up to subway posters and billboards to argue politics with them? Sounds a little daft, right? Well that is essentially what you're trying to do.

I mean if someone is wearing a Twisted Sister t-shirt fro the 80s do you walk up and say, "That band sucks monkey balls"? Or if someone has a Budweiser shirt on, do you say, "Budweiser? That stuff is ****!"? So why in God's name do you feel the need to argue with random strangers about their political views?

Old 09-10-2013, 09:23 AM

11,812 posts, read 12,062,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Cat View Post

That's my favourite one! One was a car chasing them, another one was a scary guy running after them with a chainsaw. I always try to take a picture of it and hope the owner doesn't see me because I feel silly doing it.

I saw one yesterday on my way to work that made me laugh - the fish symbol, but it had feet and had Darwin written in the middle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships