Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 06:59 AM

51,690 posts, read 25,962,710 times

Advertisements

I realize it is too late now, but if it happens again, whip out your cell phone and snap a quick photo of him talking on his.

Check to see if there is a feedback card sitting somewhere around. If there is, pick it up and start filling it out. You may want to ask him his name and how he spells it.

My guess is you will get your McMuffin in no time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 07:01 AM

15,715 posts, read 9,575,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmc66 View Post
I would of said hello is anyone working. Made a noise done something to attract his attention. Management not returning your phone call says a lot about the place as well.
Dude might have been the manager!

Old 01-14-2014, 08:28 AM

588 posts, read 959,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
If it's a major restaurant chain, they likely have a toll free customer service number. I would call and explain what happened. My guess is they will probably take it seriously. Failing to acknowledge a customer who has just walked in is a major "no no" in the franchise/corporate chain world.
Yes!! Seems to me that would be huge [ignoring a customer], and yep, it's a pretty well-known, major restaurant chain. I called the toll free number yesterday and they said someone would be in touch.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I agree that he should have acknowledged you.

Perhaps, it wasn't sexism that got him off the phone so quickly when the male customer entered right after you left. Maybe, it was his boss or a manager and not another customer. Maybe, he had finished his phone call. Maybe, he just realized "OMG, I better not ignore another customer or I will be in big trouble".
Maybe, the next customer was a regular who always gave him a big tip. Or, maybe, it was because the next person was a man. You probably won't ever know for sure.
That thought crossed my mind, that it was a coincidence that his phone conversation was winding down when I left and he was able to acknowledge the next customer. Especially since I "allowed" him to finish the conversation!

Last edited by mia25; 01-14-2014 at 08:48 AM..

Old 01-14-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
I find it interesting that it bothered you enough to post on this forum, but not enough to say "HELLO!! Customer over here!!"
Yeah, I should have said something right then.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
That's when you lean over the counter and start grabbing the drink cups . . . :-) When he looks at you in alarm, you can say, "Oh, since you were ignoring me, I thought you guys had changed to 'help yourself'. OK, never mind, I'd like an Egg McMuffin, hash browns and a coffee, please."
Hahaha!!

Old 01-14-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoathere View Post
Sounds to me like you were lucky. Stop eating that crap.
This particular chain is known for their healthy food, which is why I chose it over others in the area. Trying not to give the identity, but it's an alternative to places with fatty foods. Sooooo...they are known for healthy food, just not great with customer relations.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I realize it is too late now, but if it happens again, whip out your cell phone and snap a quick photo of him talking on his.

Check to see if there is a feedback card sitting somewhere around. If there is, pick it up and start filling it out. You may want to ask him his name and how he spells it.

My guess is you will get your McMuffin in no time.
Hilarious! It's funny how some assume I'm talking about a certain food chain. It is not the one some are thinking. LOL!!
Not sure I would have been brave enough to take a pic of him on his cell, but that's a great idea nonetheless!

Old 01-14-2014, 10:35 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,435,917 times
When things like that happen to me, I leave. I was traveling last week and had to stop and get some food. I hate fast food but had time for nothing else. The person in front of me had their order taken and there were 3 women employees standing there gossiping, the manager included. I waited a minute or so and left.

If someone is obviously not doing their job and is not tied up doing their job I am out.

I walked in a jewelry store and no one said hello or that they would be with me in a minute....nothing. Another jeweler got their business.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:59 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,857,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mia25 View Post
Hi! I'm not sure which category to put this under, so I chose this one. Last Friday morning, I entered a well-known fast food restaurant. The only employee working at that time was on his cell phone. He looked at me yet continued talking. I stood there forever and he just kept on talking. So I left.
Yet, as I was getting into my car, I noticed another [male] customer walk in, and the employee quickly got off the phone and served him!!

I never, ever yell sexism, but wow! To me, it seems like that's what this was. Thoughts?
Thanks in advance for your comments
Maybe the little brat realized he'd better get off his phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships