Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 08:30 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,727,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan77 View Post
still haven't bought her anything, nor has she asked.
You are moving the curve!! Very good. But don't let your guard down...just enjoy this low stress time with each other - this is a way to build a new path forward...but don't let your guard down. (LOL...yes, I know I said it twice...but don't let your guard down yet!!)

Old 04-06-2014, 09:46 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,409,429 times
Quote:
still haven't bought her anything, nor has she asked. Maybe this is one big scam on me so when we get back to the States she can turn around with " Forget therapy. We're fine. I'm not materialistic, remember Mexico? I didn't ask for anything."
I think you're catching on here.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:14 AM

13,981 posts, read 26,023,384 times
Quote:
still haven't bought her anything, nor has she asked. Maybe this is one big scam on me so when we get back to the States she can turn around with " Forget therapy. We're fine. I'm not materialistic, remember Mexico? I didn't ask for anything."
If you're really intent on saving your marriage, you need to get off C-D and spend time with your family while you're on vacation.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:15 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,253,749 times
Quote:
now you're thinking.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:55 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,236,469 times
Quote:
....and your come-back would be "Well, see how well therapy is working - we had a nice time in Mexico. We should continue."

Old 04-06-2014, 11:22 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,250,925 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
....and your come-back would be "Well, see how well therapy is working - we had a nice time in Mexico. We should continue."
Great point, cheryjohns.

Irish, I am glad that your vacation with your wife & son is going so well. And, yes, it may be going well due the progress that the two of you have made in therapy.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:31 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,685,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
If you're really intent on saving your marriage, you need to get off C-D and spend time with your family while you're on vacation.

No kidding! I've been thinking that for days.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:48 AM

818 posts, read 858,651 times
Well, I went through the vacation and bought her nothing. Nothing in the hotel store( even though I could see it in her eyes sometimes that she wanted something) and nothing downtown( then again, we never went downtown). She was so pleasant to be around( sober and well, not sober). Whenever she spoke it was one of two things. Either telling my son or I how much she loved us or reminiscing about his childhood or our high school years. Either A) she took time during the flight to count her blessings and has done a 180 for real or B) she’s being nice to him so he will want to be in her good graces and he’ll dump Rachel to stay in her good graces and she’s being nice to me to get out of therapy and get me to buy her whatever.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:10 AM

13,981 posts, read 26,023,384 times
I can't imagine a life with somebody where I would always be questioning their motives, and doubting their sincerity.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:13 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,727,524 times
Quote:
Well, I went through the vacation and bought her nothing. Nothing in the hotel store( even though I could see it in her eyes sometimes that she wanted something) and nothing downtown( then again, we never went downtown). She was so pleasant to be around( sober and well, not sober). Whenever she spoke it was one of two things. Either telling my son or I how much she loved us or reminiscing about his childhood or our high school years. Either A) she took time during the flight to count her blessings and has done a 180 for real or B) she’s being nice to him so he will want to be in her good graces and he’ll dump Rachel to stay in her good graces and she’s being nice to me to get out of therapy and get me to buy her whatever.
It might be a mixture of the two right now.....just keep going to therapy!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships