Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2014, 10:01 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,231,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
I read your posts but this conversation is so disturbing. Actually I am parent to a toddler who is struggling to balance work-life and try to fit-it-all. If my husband was earning enough, maybe I would have stepped back in my career to be there at home with my child as career is not something I really want. If I can afford to quit, I would. This post comes as a warning to me not to quit and sit at home to take care of home, child, husband etc because 20 years later my husband may turn around and say ‘you buy what you want with your money’. Whatever happened to all the time and effort she has invested into this marriage/household?

There are N number of things which your phone call or money didn’t help. Raising a child alone, especially when they are young is a full time job in itself. Maybe apologize if you didnt mean any of it and it was said it a fit of anger?
Maila, Although, you do list some good information I wanted to point out that you are new to C-D.

Of course, everyone's input, (from both old and new posters) is valuable, but many of us have read hundreds of posts over the last few year from Irish regarding his wife and their marital situation. Don't don't put too much stock in what Irish said to his wife in this one isolated conversation as what a typical husband may do 20 years later.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:01 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,674,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan77 View Post
I apologized this morning, first thing I did after I woke up, gave her a hug, apologized for acting like a jerk and told her I appreciated everything she did over those 4 or 5 years.
Do you actually mean it or did you just say it to keep the peace?

Old 04-15-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Maila, Although, you do list some good information I wanted to point out that you are new to C-D.

Of course, everyone's input, (from both old and new posters) is valuable, but many of us have read hundreds and hundreds of posts over the last few year from Irish regarding his wife and their marital situation. Don't use put too much stock in what Irish said to his wife in this one isolated conversation as what a typical husband may do 20 years later.
But he has done this repeatedly. They BOTH comment on the past ALL the time!

Words DO hurt. For someone trying to fix his marriage he should watch his tongue.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:09 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,901,384 times
Quote:

Of course, everyone's input, (from both old and new posters) is valuable, but many of us have read hundreds of posts over the last few year from Irish regarding his wife and their marital situation. Don't don't put too much stock in what Irish said to his wife in this one isolated conversation as what a typical husband may do 20 years later.
Really? He does this all the time and "reports" back to us. He even goes as far as to throw his wife under the bus. The OP has serious emotional issues and is just as stunted as his wife; he just does it differently.

Maila should be told us to use her best judgment and not to assume that this incident means that this is what she has stored for her in the future. (Well, assuming her husband is mature and supportive.)

Old 04-15-2014, 10:12 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,231,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
I read your posts but this conversation is so disturbing. Actually I am parent to a toddler who is struggling to balance work-life and try to fit-it-all. If my husband was earning enough, maybe I would have stepped back in my career to be there at home with my child as career is not something I really want. If I can afford to quit, I would. This post comes as a warning to me not to quit and sit at home to take care of home, child, husband etc because 20 years later my husband may turn around and say ‘you buy what you want with your money’. Whatever happened to all the time and effort she has invested into this marriage/household?

There are N number of things which your phone call or money didn’t help. Raising a child alone, especially when they are young is a full time job in itself. Maybe apologize if you didnt mean any of it and it was said it a fit of anger?
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
But he has done this repeatedly. They BOTH comment on the past ALL the time!

Words DO hurt. For someone trying to fix his marriage he should watch his tongue.
Sorry, I guess what I meant was that the new poster shouldn't assume that "one isolated conversation" by one poster (Irishfan) is how most husbands will feel/act 20 years later.

BTW Irish posted later that he did apologize to his wife.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I guess what I meant was that the new poster shouldn't assume that "one isolated conversation" by one poster (Irishfan) is how most husbands will feel/act 20 years later.

BTW Irish posted later that he did apologize to his wife.
I've been married for over 17 years. We do NOT drag up arguments from 1997. I couldn't even tell you what we argued about back then! Nor do I care! I certainly do not go on forums and talk about my husband behind his back. If I have a problem with him, then I talk to him and not a bunch of strangers. I also report on every minute detail in our lives and tattle like a 4 year old.

Again I ask was that a sincere apology? Will he go there AGAIN at a later date? How can she move past it if he keeps dragging it up or rambling on about it? They are BOTH at fault for their marital issues.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:08 AM

818 posts, read 858,456 times
Yes, I truly meant my apology. Strongly considering buying flowers soon to further prove how sorry I am( even though I've been advised no gifts but I think this is an exception). Also, just because I post on here, that doesn't mean I don't talk to her about it with her first.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:11 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,578,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan77 View Post
I apologized this morning, first thing I did after I woke up, gave her a hug, apologized for acting like a jerk and told her I appreciated everything she did over those 4 or 5 years. She apologized as well
Thats excellent!

Old 04-15-2014, 11:16 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,578,686 times
Quote:

You are right. One isolated conversation with his wife is by no means a reflection on many husbands. But its sure is a warning though to consider what might happen 20 years down the line.

Actually I am not new on CD. I had to take a new ID because I had revealed way too much personal information on my old ID and some one in my personal life had identified me (and it created a big trouble within the family). This time, I am being careful what I say and how much I say.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:17 PM

818 posts, read 858,456 times
I really should appreciate what she did for him. He would be the first one to tell you that he had a great childhood and upbringing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships