Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 10:38 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Melanie, one thing I know for sure: Karma works in mysterious but very consistent ways. For example, one day that rude young man may marry and have a daughter. He may adore her and want to give her the very best life he can. Then one day, his precious young girl comes home crying because a boy at school called her fat.
You may never get to see it, but Karma is real and what you put out into this world really does come back. All each of us can do is to try to live each day of our lives in a way that sends out kind and positive energy. I admit that I dont always do this, but when I try to stay present and aware of this, it's easier to just move past this kind of rudeness.

This is true. Sometimes you have to wait a long time, and sometimes you never know about it, but it will happen in the end. For example, at my husband's last job, he had a coworker who was always trying to get him to cheat on me, telling women that my husband wanted to go out with them, and things like that. I heard yesterday that guy accidentally shot himself in the thigh at work.

What you should realize is that people who go around spreading misery like the name-caller are very unhappy with themselves. That's why they're such jerks to other random people.

And the poster saying the incident means you need to lose weight is one of those unhappy jerks too. You have to learn to ignore people like that. It sounds like you are taking good care of yourself (those lovely veggies at the farmer's market) and if 25 lbs is all you could stand to lose, you're probably better off than half the people out there.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:08 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,901,711 times
Next time, just reply with "It's okay, pencil-d!#$".

Old 06-05-2014, 04:59 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Should have just looked at him confidently and said,

"I'm built for comfort - not for speed."

Old 06-05-2014, 06:40 AM

1,515 posts, read 2,273,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie_Mel View Post
I went to the farmers market today on my lunch break and as I was leaving, a young guy speeds past almost hitting my car, yells out his window: "Excuse me fatty!"

I was really taken back by this and I normally don't get my feelings hurt very easily. But this really bothered me, especially since all I was doing was sitting in my car, trying to go back to work. Now I'll be the first to admit I can stand to lose 25 pounds but to be called names by a random stranger just floored me.

Why are younger people so mean these days??
Sorry this happened. Big virtual hug from me!

I remember many years ago out jogging with my husband who had a bit of a belly. Some younger kids were playing in their front yard and yelled out, "Hey fatso." This is something that I would expect of young, badly mannered kids, not adults. My husband gave them a mean look and they all scurried back inside mama's house, lol. Yelling something like this out the window isn't normal behavior and hopefully not typical of our younger generation. I'm sure this particular person has their own set of issues and problems.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:40 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,208 times
Where is the OP? Why do people join the forum, ask a question, and then poof they're gone? Also, the guy was a jerk, and people only hurt us when we let them. He probably has something small that he is trying to compensate for by acting like an a##.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:10 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:

Because they were never parented. They grew up on social media as babysitters while their parents were locked into their own phones.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:12 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille033 View Post
I had a similar experience a few months ago. I was dropping off some clothing to the goodwill store. A teenage girl resembling a crack head runs past me, almost knocking me over. I said "excuse you" and she walks up to me, gets in my face and calls me a "fat rich *****" (I'm a size 10)

I didn't get upset because it was just a total lack of class and education on her part. You could tell just by looking at her what kind of environment she lives in. Don't let low lives like that get to you.
"trashy crackhead" is what I would have had to say.

Last edited by convextech; 06-05-2014 at 07:25 AM..

Old 06-05-2014, 07:34 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,759,540 times
So was it wrong of me to call a woman a Moderator cut: inappropriate language at a stop light after she repeatedly swerved in and out of traffic without using a blinker, lol? I think not. I have many flaws but if someone rubs me the wrong way I will be the first to point out theres. I like to hit em where it hurts. Not saying the op did anything wrong but it made someone mad for some reason, enough for them to call her a name.

FYI, I am an educated family man that has a church mouth most of the time, the second a stranger gets my temper going its no holds barred, lol.

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 06-05-2014 at 09:30 AM..

Old 06-05-2014, 07:51 AM

50 posts, read 85,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
So was it wrong of me to call a woman a Moderator cut: inappropriate language at a stop light after she repeatedly swerved in and out of traffic without using a blinker, lol? I think not. I have many flaws but if someone rubs me the wrong way I will be the first to point out theres. I like to hit em where it hurts. Not saying the op did anything wrong but it made someone mad for some reason, enough for them to call her a name.

FYI, I am an educated family man that has a church mouth most of the time, the second a stranger gets my temper going its no holds barred, lol.

Classy. Oh and two wrongs don't make a right.

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 06-05-2014 at 09:31 AM..

Old 06-05-2014, 08:04 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
Quote:
I went to the farmers market today on my lunch break and as I was leaving, a young guy speeds past almost hitting my car, yells out his window: "Excuse me fatty!"

I was really taken back by this and I normally don't get my feelings hurt very easily. But this really bothered me, especially since all I was doing was sitting in my car, trying to go back to work. Now I'll be the first to admit I can stand to lose 25 pounds but to be called names by a random stranger just floored me.

Oh...no he didn't! What a douche!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships