Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 05:33 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,732,892 times

Advertisements

No brainer. Not only are you doing something that you do not want to do, but you are being USED by your so called friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 05:47 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Just look at all this good advice. It does my heart good to see such moral advice!

Old 06-20-2014, 05:56 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,415,160 times
I always said, women are smarter then men, some of the few reasons why, I am a successful guy, lol. The ladies gave you good sound advice, be honest with your gf and tell her, you we're looking forward to a nice quiet get away with her and like one of the posters said, you feel uncomfortable being a third wheel, so tell her to have fun and maybe the both of you can get together next time. I would book a weekend flight with Frontier Airlines (east coast) 139.95 round trip to FT Lauderdale, a good book, quite time, a nice bottle of blue merlot, quite walks on the beach and have some QT time for yourself.

ps- book a hotel on the beach and not across AIA, breakfast on the beach sounds like my idea of waking up and starting the morning. I go often for a weekend get away, It helps the soul, mind and body doing nothing but taking in the sun and having some fun. You deserve it, treat yourself for a change, there's nothing wrong with it. Be well, Stay cool, and have some fun.

Knight

Old 06-20-2014, 06:05 AM

4,271 posts, read 8,174,845 times
Go somewhere solo for a week.

I went to Amsterdam earlier this year for a week solo and had a ball.

Or go on a cruise, lots of deals on those and perfect for a solo traveler.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:12 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Nut up and tell her the truth.

a. You were looking forward to time with her exclusively

and

b. You are uncomfortable with the immoral choice she has made

Old 06-20-2014, 07:05 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Nut up and tell her the truth.

a. You were looking forward to time with her exclusively

and

b. You are uncomfortable with the immoral choice she has made
Overkill and unnecessary. No need at all to bring one's own moral judgments into the picture at all except in one's own mind.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:45 AM

4,577 posts, read 5,667,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Yah. My gut is totally telling me to not go. But I'm just feeling like a bad friend.
A bad "friend"? Because she has the morals of a snake, you don't support her in contributing to the break-up of a marriage, and resent helping her commit adultery?

You've been a recluse too long if this is your idea of a friend.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:49 AM

4,577 posts, read 5,667,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Overkill and unnecessary. No need at all to bring one's own moral judgments into the picture at all except in one's own mind.
"Judge not", eh? I don't agree with this, and we're just going to have to agree to disagree. You call it "judging", I call it exercising good judgement and choosing to surround yourself with people who have the same moral compass.

I'm not going to tell someone they shouldn't do something. That is their free will. But I sure don't have to help them do it, and I sure don't have to stand by and have their s**t splash on my by association.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:20 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
you think that sleeping with a married man is still in the realm of subjective morality? And frankly it is relevant because that's part of what makes her uncomfortable. Otherwise she would not have mentioned it in her up.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:59 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
"Judge not", eh? I don't agree with this, and we're just going to have to agree to disagree. You call it "judging", I call it exercising good judgement and choosing to surround yourself with people who have the same moral compass.

I'm not going to tell someone they shouldn't do something. That is their free will. But I sure don't have to help them do it, and I sure don't have to stand by and have their s**t splash on my by association.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
you think that sleeping with a married man is still in the realm of subjective morality? And frankly it is relevant because that's part of what makes her uncomfortable. Otherwise she would not have mentioned it in her up.
Lighten up, folks, and put your glasses in place. Some reading comprehension is seriously in order here! It's crystal clear from my previous posts on this thread that I agree with the majority that the OP should decline the trip. I even related two similar incidents which affected me and my vacations. What I was specifically responding to and commenting upon was the opinion that the OP should directly tell her friend that she is, "uncomfortable with the immoral choice (you have) made". If the distinction doesn't register, sorry, but I don't know how to put it any more simply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships