Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 03:56 PM

226 posts, read 616,719 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for sharing your stories, insight, and advice I greatly appreciate it! I am working on myself, but because I go to school full time, and have a part time job it's hard for me to move out on my way. The only way I can move out is if I switch my school to part time and my job to full time. That seems to be the only way to do it. However then I have to wait for the fall semester to end before doing that. Yes I do agree my brother is sociopath, everything he says to me, it's my fault. It's because of my "attitude" why he called me ugly. It's because of me acting like a "*****" why he said this and that. It's disgusting, because I can be as quiet as a mouse, and somehow I get pulled into drama, and him calling me names, or I can be loud and I get called "crazy" and "psycho" cause I cry and yell sometimes. I try to disengage myself as much as I can. My brother is a walking contradiction. Hima nd his girlfriend make me sick, cause she didn't see how he physically attacked me, and my mother calls the cops and she comes running downstairs and says to the cops "She's crazy! She needs mental help" Hello?!?! My brother physically attacked me! How am I the crazy one? She was sticking up for an abuser. I guess she thinks she is golden? I would be taking notes if I were her. If my boyfriend was known for emotionally abusing and sometimes physically abusing his sister, I would look at that as a huge red flag, cause what makes her think he won't do it to her?

She's not even on my Facebook and I made a public Facebook post and I said "You know that expression, "Give someone enough rope they'll hang themselves"? Exactly!" She commented underneath it and said "Sara you are off your rocker. You are off your mother****ing rocker, if I had to live with you I'd hang myself" First of all the post could have been directed towards anyone, and plus she is not even on my friend's list and she was stalking me. She was sending my brother pics of me on my Instagram. She said to him "Did you know your sister has a Instagram account?" She started sending him pics of me, I am thinking "WHAT THE ****!!!!??? This is so weird, and creepy!" Like why does she care? Then my brother had the nerve to say "You owe us an apology" when he hasn't apologized at all for what he has done. He is definitely a sociopath, and his girlfriend is too. She doesn't have money or anything, I mean her mom does, but she just wants to be lazy her whole life and have the man take care of her instead of taking care of herself. She's a disgusting pig like him. But thank you all so much for the support and advice! I appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 05:58 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,340,775 times
Listen to Grandview. Go down her path and forget facebook.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:42 PM

7,694 posts, read 5,569,781 times
OP, I've read some of the other threads you started. I don't think moving out now will solve your underlying issues which not only impact your relationship with your family but also are the cause of your relationship issues with your various boyfriends. You seem totally confused why people act the way they do. With your brother moving out, the atmosphere should be calmer. At least you won't be picking fights with him.

I think it is important that you continue to see your psychologist to treat your anxiety and depression. I assume your parents are paying for the visits and probably wouldn't pay if you moved out.

I don't mean to be unkind but perhaps you should rethink your goal of becoming a psychologist or therapist. You seem to have very little self-awareness and an inability to understand any viewpoint but your own. That's why you are confused by others so often. Go into a field that plays into your strengths rather than your weaknesses.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:13 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,838,425 times
I understand where you're coming from BB1005. I grew up in a very similar situation with a worthless brother who was the treasured one. When I turned 18 I was only home to sleep. When I turned 19 I had my own apartment. College at that time was out of the question for me, my sanity was more important. I worked two jobs just to get out. College came later when I was in a stable marriage. You may have to do the same and put college on hold for a while or just take a couple of classes. There is no reason to stay in an unhappy environment when you have the power to change it. You have plenty of time for college. Some people go back in their 40's to change careers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships