Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 02:23 PM

1,096 posts, read 586,741 times

Advertisements

How about people who give excuses that barely begin to explain anything?

Example, loosely based on a real situation:

Someone tells you they're going to get you some information. A month later, you contact them asking what's going on. They respond with an apology for the delay, adding "I'm really behind schedule right now. The kids have been sick."

For a month???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 04:18 AM

302 posts, read 474,993 times
People who wear so much fragrance it gags you
Guys who spit on the sidewalk
People who appear on television that don't bother to dress nicely
People who can't see below their nose when you are in a wheelchair so they run into you
Aisles in stores that the merchandise is so packed you can't get your wheelchair through
Screaming kids in public and the parents don't do anything
The driver that just has to pass you so he can be the first in line at the red light
People that move to this country but refuse to learn English
Dog poop in the park so you can't sit on the grass
Loud commercials
People who brush their teeth in the public restroom so you have to smell poop and mint at the same time
Dora the Explorer
People who ask you a question then don't listen to the answer and keep saying "huh?"
People who throw cigarette butts on the ground next to an ashtray

Old 12-23-2015, 07:24 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,239,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Mean people, small minded people (who actually think everyone really cares about stupid, little "things" like they do), judgmental types, preachy types.
^^^Oh, Gawd yes...and this also includes people whether in person or on social media who constantly
start and finish any interactions with always saying "I, I, I, Me, Me," (it's always about them).
Plus:
-Hypocrites.
-People who will poor mouth while bragging about vacations, shopping sprees and other heavy-money
spending.
-Cliques.
-People who enjoy a laugh at the expense of others. (it's not very nice or kind)

Old 12-23-2015, 12:28 PM

118 posts, read 95,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
1. People who wear sunglasses indoors.
2. It annoys me whenever I'm bagging groceries and I get that one customer who hovers over me and breaths down my neck.
3. People who tell me to smile because I look sad, serious or angry when I'm not. I'm a guy but have a "resting b**** face".
4. People who are loud, obnoxious and opinionated about everything as if they have no filter over their mouth.
5. Driving slow in the fast lane.
6. People who make plans with you and bail out at the last minute. Then when you call or text the person, he/she doesn't respond back.
7. People who text with no emotions or only use one word.
8. People who take three hours to text three words.
9. Customers who come grocery shopping right when the grocery store is fixin to close.
10. Customers who are super anal about the way their groceries are bagged. Or when they want their groceries bagged in double paper and then in double plastic or something in that manner.
11. Bad breath
12. People that hate animals and say it out loud around animals and their owners.
13. My customers who moan and complain that the store doesn't have a certain brand they're looking for then whine to manager about it.
14. People who are rude and don't apologize.
15. People who don't take the time to say hi or hello to you and walk past you as if you were just a brick wall or something.
16. Parents who don't discipline their children.
17. People having multiple babies with multiple people out of wedlock.
18. People who dye their hair ridiculous and loud colors accompanied with ugly piercings and tattoos.
19. Arguing about politics.
20. People posting their dirty laundry on Facebook.
21. People who are in a "relationship" with another person every other week.
22. Swearing around babies and small children.
I'm just gonna go ahead and cosign on this right here, save me some typing. They all fit. Nicely done.

Old 12-23-2015, 04:03 PM

248 posts, read 20,754 times
People who purposely walk too slowly in front of you
People who drive slowly in the fast lane
Pessimists
Overly optimistic people
Ditzy Blondes
Narcissists
People who are TOO nice
People who give up easily

I'm sure there's more, i'll come back when I think of more

Old 12-23-2015, 06:01 PM

52,357 posts, read 52,828,351 times
I'm finding people who are prudes to be extremely, I mean extremely annoying. I read reviews of movies on Netflix and people are complaining about how the language in a movie was just too much and how they had to turn it off. In the movie you might have heard a couple of damns or sh*ts, a couple here and there isn't the end of the world. I picture some bony blue haired old bag clutching her pearls and having a tizzy.

Slow and overly cautious drivers annoy the hell out of me too. I better stop or I can go on for a good ol fashioned rant.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:54 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,159,760 times
Family members and co-workers who freak out when you say you don't have a Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account.

IMO those sites can be a sick perversion for nosey people and people who give TMI.

I'm not interested.

Old 12-25-2015, 02:57 PM

1,896 posts, read 2,541,594 times
Interesting thread. A little comforting to know I'm not alone in wanting to scream when I see certain behaviors. As I get older it seems I get more irritable. Here's my list:

1. People with irrational fears and not taking things in perspective. Ex. all the fear of terrorists as compared to crime committed by other Americans. Since 9/11 43 murders were committed by Islamic terrorists on US soil, while during the same time there were over 200,000 murders in the US in total.
2. Related to #1. Totally uninformed people who based all their opinions on headlines or the first 10 minutes of the evening news without even taking the time to read a complete story or educate themselves.
3. People who talk fast and interrupt you before you have a chance to finish what you're saying. Then later they can't remember what they said because they were talking too fast.
4. People who try to intimidate others for whatever reason.
5. Those who aren't paying attention to what they're doing and inconvenience others because of it.
6. Those who do something wrong, like take your assigned parking space, and act like it's no big deal.
7. Victimhood mentality and "look at me" mentality
8. Bad drivers (too many pet peeves to mention)
9. Hipster dufuses (enough said)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships