Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2014, 03:59 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,738,189 times

Advertisements

My former husband died the first week in January 2000, so it will soon be 15 years. He left behind a brother, mother, grandkids, a daughter.....and me. I remarried a little over 5 years later.

For the 15th anniversary of his passing, I am considering creating a nice slide show of some of my late husband's photos and posting it to Facebook. I have so many photographs and his grandkids barely remember him (they are Facebook friends). I think it would be a nice gesture, well appreciated by many who loved him.

But I don't want to offend my wonderful DH or have any of our friends or his family (who are also FB friends) to see this action as discounting how lucky I am to have married my present husband. If I asked my husband, he would deny that doing so would upset him, but he isn't good about being straight with me about these kinds of things.

Is the slide show a bad idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2014, 04:28 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,187,887 times
It's nice that you are considering your current husband's feelings AND that you are so confident about your relationship.

In my opinion, however, the slideshow would make more sense coming from his daughter.

Since it would be on FB, a LOT of people would not have the context and might wonder. Of course, you may not care one whit about what other people think.

Could you approach his daughter about putting it together, or at least posting it from HER FB page? Or maybe just make a private slideshow and email it to the kids/grandkids.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:35 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,344,529 times
Agree with the previous comment. Or you could post it yourself, but in your post put something like, "Some people are lucky to find one love in their life. I'm doubly blessed to have had two. Before my good fortune of finding "jerry", I had "tom" who passed away 15 years ago today. As a gift to his friends and family members, I've put together this slide show to honor his memory...." or something similar. I don't see how people would misunderstand that.

Also, if I understand the timing right, you would have a 10-year anniversary with Husband #2 coming up? Maybe you could do a second slide show for him that you post several weeks later?

Old 11-27-2014, 05:56 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,187,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
Or you could post it yourself, but in your post put something like, "Some people are lucky to find one love in their life. I'm doubly blessed to have had two. Before my good fortune of finding "jerry", I had "tom" who passed away 15 years ago today. As a gift to his friends and family members, I've put together this slide show to honor his memory...." or something similar. I don't see how people would misunderstand that.
This ^^^ is a really nice way to put it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships