Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 08:25 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,680,984 times

Advertisements

Don't mention it. If she's forgotten it, she will only be embarrassed. And if she wasn't really excited about going in the first place, it was probably a clumsy attempt to avoid a confrontation with you over her going to your church.

Let it go. If she decides she wants to go to church with you, you'll be the first one she tells. So, basically she works during th week, and on the weekends, she works from 3 - 10 pm. She's probably exhausted. By the time she gets home, the last thing she wants to think about is getting up at 6:30 am to get ready for church with some work acquaintance, spending the morning at church, and then going back to work again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 09:21 PM

17,154 posts, read 12,999,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cis_love View Post
she probably didn't want to go to church with you but didn't know how to say no. i would totally let it go. why make her feel uncomfortable?
This. You're giving her advice about how to deal with her (quite possibly) jerkwad of a father. Bad move. Then you're pushing your religion on her at work. Worse move. Then you're getting angry at her for ignoring your pushy invite? I suggest you let go and let, well, you know what they say

Old 03-30-2015, 10:01 PM

576 posts, read 826,058 times
just to clarify the situation, I told her that I was going to bring her to church and she laughed it off but I told her that I am not joking .I brought it up few times during the week and I asked her if its okay for me to call on Saturday so we can finalize the plans and she nodded her head and said sure.Why didn't she just decline my invitation if she wasn't intrested?

Old 03-30-2015, 10:08 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,168,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
just to clarify the situation, I told her that I was going to bring her to church and she laughed it off but I told her that I am not joking .I brought it up few times during the week and I asked her if its okay for me to call on Saturday so we can finalize the plans and she nodded her head and said sure.Why didn't she just decline my invitation if she wasn't intrested?
Because she already learned that you can't understand or refuse to understand when she indicates she's not interested. She "laughed it off" (tried to let you know she's not interested) and you "brought it up a FEW times during the week" -- meaning you kept bringing it up even after she tried to indicate she's not interested.

She's trying her best to refuse the invitation gently. Why is it so hard for you to understand she's not interested? She has most likely let you know this several times over in various subtle ways, and you are just pushing her to say outright "NO, I'm not interested" ? Why?

Old 03-30-2015, 10:10 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,349,210 times
Quote:

Maybe because you kept badgering her about it and refused to accept the fact that she really does not want to go to church with you. Hence the reason she laughed it off when you first mentioned it.
Take the hint and leave the woman alone in regards to religion and church.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:14 PM

576 posts, read 826,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Because she already learned that you can't understand or refuse to understand when she indicates she's not interested. She "laughed it off" (tried to let you know she's not interested) and you "brought it up a FEW times during the week" -- meaning you kept bringing it up even after she tried to indicate she's not interested.

She's trying her best to refuse the invitation gently. Why is it so hard for you to understand she's not interested? She has most likely let you know this several times over in various subtle ways, and you are just pushing her to say outright "NO, I'm not interested" ? Why?
I guess I am just not good at picking up hints.It would be nice if every one was straight forward and not beat around the bush

Old 03-30-2015, 10:18 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,814,021 times
Quote:
Sounds like she has been trying to nicely decline and you won't let it go. Now I don't see her as so rude for not answering her phone when you called.

As a polite person who has zero interest in going to church, I probably would have done the same thing. If you want to continue to be her friend, no more church/religion/God talk.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:29 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,676,818 times
OP - you said, I told her I was going to bring her to church. This sounds very parental and controlling. You tell your child you're going to bring them to church not a grown woman and certainly not a coworker.

Also, in general, it's really not a good idea to push and religion/church onto anyone. If someone expresses an interest on their own that's one thing. It's such a personal thing.

A suggestion - may want to look in to learning about CoDependency. It's where the behavior is always trying to fix, change, cure and control.

Plenty of well meaning people fall in to this behavior.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:53 PM

11,655 posts, read 13,003,142 times
I thought of something else when I read the title of this thread...

Old 03-31-2015, 01:04 AM

2,279 posts, read 4,751,987 times
Why on earth didn't you politely invite her to attend church with you do engine, rather than informing her repeatedly that she was coming to church with you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships