Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 07:47 PM

459 posts, read 622,239 times

Advertisements

Just show her this thread and say "God, I made myself look like a twit, lets go get pissed instead"

I ignored the title of this thread for a few days, but I had to click on it eventually
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 10:55 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,455,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
" BADGERING " please...
He may not have asked her to church (he said he 'told' her) but I'd hardly use the term badgering...
And it's people like you then, that keep people in HR employed... If she didn't have the guts to tell him 'no herself' - why 'rely' on HR to let him know he was out of line... we're out of high school...
Badgering is when you've bothered somebody over & over about something. If she continues to ask the woman about church, she is still not getting it. I wouldn't bother with HR myself though, I would just tell the woman to go to hell if she kept up pestering me about it. Then again, it wouldn't happen to me because I would have flat out told her no the first time.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:10 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,417,917 times
Hi OP,
My line of work is a first responder, dangerous so to speak, the team and I will get together for a few drinks every so often but not much, things to do, you know how it is, anyways, we never talk about faith so much, because we all believe in something, you gave her friendly advice, now it's time to grab the brake handle, stop! by telling her to go to church with you is over stepping the comfortable boundaries you worked so hard to create, being sweet, she simply didn't want to say no, so, please let it go. OK?

No worries, no big deal...

Old 04-04-2015, 03:26 AM

1,425 posts, read 1,390,393 times
Honestly, if I was working days and evenings, and someone would suggest I get up on Sunday at 8... I would lough in her face very loudly. Church or no church, I want some life uninterrupted by coworkers.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:44 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,720,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
I guess I am just not good at picking up hints.It would be nice if every one was straight forward and not beat around the bush
It's called having social skills and manners. Are you trying to alienate your all co-workers? I don't know how you could do it much better if you were trying.

One can be forthright and not rude...but you really need to learn to have a filter or you are going to find yourself in the HR office and the first person gone.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:16 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,663,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Man I'd avoid you like the plague. You told her how to feel towards her father then proposed you would fix her by taking her to church with you. You are waaaaaay overstepping your bounds. Next time, listen. Don't judge. Don't fix. That is if you want to make friends...or even be a good Christian.
^^^^This. Like seriously has the OP considered minding her own business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
just to clarify the situation, I told her that I was going to bring her to church and she laughed it off but I told her that I am not joking .I brought it up few times during the week and I asked her if its okay for me to call on Saturday so we can finalize the plans and she nodded her head and said sure.Why didn't she just decline my invitation if she wasn't intrested?
Seriously you need to go down to Wal-Mart and buy a clue. She laughed you off. She did not want to go to church with you. She didn't want to be rude and turn you down after you kept pursuing her. Leave her alone!

You seem to have a bad pattern of harassing your coworkers judging by some of your other posts on here. I'd be waiting for HR to contact me if I were you. Learn to keep your mouth shut so you can keep your job.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:18 PM

191 posts, read 212,680 times
Your first wrong move was to tell your coworker to forgive her dad. What business of it is yours to tell her what to do? Listening to someone doesn't mean you should then dispense unnecessary "wisdom and advice."

From this and your other posts it sure does seem like you have plenty of time to be social/talk at/critique/insult others you work with. How much work can you possibly get done with all this chat and subsequent drama? Does your boss know about all this? Most bosses prefer their employees work during the....you know....work day. Do what they pay you to do and that kind of thing. Just a thought, lol.

I'm not surprised you were stood up if what you post here is a true representation of your interactions with coworkers.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:33 PM

347 posts, read 426,492 times
Inappropriate to bring religion into the workplace! I would have been very offended over this had it been me. It's also not your role to play psychologist with her especially healing her via religion! UGH NO!

Old 05-02-2015, 04:06 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,717,910 times
8am on a sunday? Girl, please. Ain't no one trying to get up that early.
If someone asked me to go to a 2 hour long church service at 8am, i'd prob gag in their face. Helll nah.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:10 PM

336 posts, read 442,703 times
Hey op, it could be worse. My co workers have been talking and hang ing out without me. Loke one of them said today, "i guess you arent one of the cool kids"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships