Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 09:27 PM

109 posts, read 233,683 times

Advertisements

it was a loan for a car repair. when i ask them for my money. they said that i never gave them any money. It was over $100.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 11:02 AM

387 posts, read 589,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane was walking again View Post
just curious, but what's you're cutoff point(in dollars) between letting it go and asking for your money back. thanks
for me, $500

Old 05-02-2015, 12:17 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
it was a loan for a car repair. when i ask them for my money. they said that i never gave them any money. It was over $100.
There's your answer.

I would not so much as acknowledge the existence of someone who solicited a loan from me, then lied about receiving it.

If this person wants to redeem their honor, they need to come to you and not only apologize but repay you. I'm sorry to say this but I don't think that's ever going to happen. People easily rationalize away the rotten things they do.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:41 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
another option is be courteous and distant. If you are upset about what they did, keep your distance, and if your paths cross just nod and move along.

you don't have to forgive them or pretend to like them
and if you don't feel safe around them, or if it is upsetting to see them, keep your distance
agree with this one. ' Politeness is armor' from Game of Thrones just nod and move along

Old 05-02-2015, 08:02 PM

i'm going to take the higher road on this and play it cool. i appreciate everyone's perspective, thanks again.

Old 05-03-2015, 12:08 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Quote:
it's not about the money. it's a respect for what they do(saves lives) but at the same time i'm not sure how to act if we were to meet because of what they did. ignore them? fake like them? forgive and forget? i'm stuck between the latter two.
This doesn't mean they are now "good people." I know a lot of A-holes in the helping professions.

Old 05-03-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
This doesn't mean they are now "good people." I know a lot of A-holes in the helping professions.
thanks, i agree.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:06 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
Quote:
it's not about the money. it's a respect for what they do(saves lives) but at the same time i'm not sure how to act if we were to meet because of what they did. ignore them? fake like them? forgive and forget? i'm stuck between the latter two.
It's your choice if you want to forgive, but do NOT forget! If it were me I would make an effort to be cordial, but I would let my eyes know that I've not forgotten a damn thing. I would be happy putting them in that uneasy zone. But that's me. And I would keep my distance.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:04 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,939,252 times
Quote:
Yep, the heck with them... They have no sadness about what they did....

Old 05-03-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
It's your choice if you want to forgive, but do NOT forget! If it were me I would make an effort to be cordial, but I would let my eyes know that I've not forgotten a damn thing. I would be happy putting them in that uneasy zone. But that's me. And I would keep my distance.
i would be lying to you if i said i didn't think about doing that, but i feel more responsible than anything because the days leading up to the loan; they were showing some shady behavior. however, at that time i still considered them a good friend and believed they would never do it to me. but i totally get and respect your thoughts, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships