Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 05:51 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane was walking again View Post
i'm not planning. it's just fate because it seems like they moved into my town. we already meet face to face and either they snubbed me or didn't recognized me. i was going to say hi to them but there was a chance they could have snubbed me, so i didn't.

Unless your appearance has changed drastically in the last 12 years(big weight gain or loss, different color hair, etc) they recognized you. So it sure sounds like they snubbed you. They have good reason to, they scammed you.

Look, you already said you don't want the money back(and after all this time it wasn't going to happen anyway), who cares what they do for a living, they're not nice people, you know that.

Leave it be. If by chance you do see them again, ignore them like they ignored you. Hopefully it won't happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 05:53 PM

109 posts, read 233,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Yep, the heck with them... They have no sadness about what they did....
it's just the fact that when we do meet. in their mind, they'll be thinking i took your money and lied straight to your face. that's why your best friend can be your worst enemy because they know your weaknesses. my weakness was i'm not a violent person and i was too nice.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Unless your appearance has changed drastically in the last 12 years(big weight gain or loss, different color hair, etc) they recognized you. So it sure sounds like they snubbed you. They have good reason to, they scammed you.

Look, you already said you don't want the money back(and after all this time it wasn't going to happen anyway), who cares what they do for a living, they're not nice people, you know that.

Leave it be. If by chance you do see them again, ignore them like they ignored you. Hopefully it won't happen.
thanks

Old 05-03-2015, 06:01 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane was walking again View Post
it's just the fact that when we do meet. in their mind, they'll be thinking i took your money and lied straight to your face. that's why your best friend can be your worst enemy because they know your weaknesses. my weakness was i'm not a violent person and i was too nice.
People who take money from you under the guise of the loan, than lie about never getting the money, aren't thinking about what they did to you. As much as you would like to think they feel guilty, they don't. That was the plan all along.

They know they wronged you, but until they saw you after all this time they weren't thinking about how they wronged you many years ago. If they did they would have contacted you and gotten the money back to you.

As I just said unless your appearance is much different than 12 years ago they recognized you. But I guarantee you have not entered their thoughts for years.

Maya Angelou said "when people show themselves to you believe them".

No reason to be cordial to them, no reason to talk to them. You didn't see them.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
People who take money from you under the guise of the loan, than lie about never getting the money, aren't thinking about what they did to you. As much as you would like to think they feel guilty, they don't. That was the plan all along.

They know they wronged you, but until they saw you after all this time they weren't thinking about how they wronged you many years ago. If they did they would have contacted you and gotten the money back to you.

As I just said unless your appearance is much different than 12 years ago they recognized you. But I guarantee you have not entered their thoughts for years.

Maya Angelou said "when people show themselves to you believe them".

No reason to be cordial to them, no reason to talk to them. You didn't see them.
from what i know about this person and the whole situation, i believe your scenario is what likely happened. i look the same. days before the loan i notice they started hanging around bad drug people, and my friend was acting a little passive aggressive toward me. but the real reason i think it all happened was because this person is all about ego, and they wanted to be better than me.

so my friend jump ship with the wrong crowd and used my weakness against me. there was no justifying them taking the money from me. i did not owe him anything or do anything to warrant the taking of my money. we were like family. i walked their dog and even baby sitted their niece and nephew. it was just a looong relationship of being a number 2 when they they wanted to number 1 coupled with bad drug people for support.

i appreciate your feedback, thanks.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:47 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,144,634 times
I would not approach them.

Old 05-05-2015, 05:51 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,386,985 times
What is "money" here? I mean literally, how many dollars?

Old 05-06-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMeAK View Post
What is "money" here? I mean literally, how many dollars?
i appreciate your interest. i have no desire to get back together with them or my money if they offer it back to me. i'll respect them with a nod for the job they do, but as person they're a corrupt living liar. for someone that wanted to be better than me, the end result of their actions did the opposite, and i feel comfort in that. thanks

Old 05-06-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post
I would not approach them.
i hear you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships