Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 09:07 AM

237 posts, read 225,442 times

Advertisements

I don't know if others have this (first world) problem, but I really get annoyed with people who incessantly complain about "too much food", whether it's at Thanksgiving dinner or a nice restaurant. It's done with a holier than thou attitude, acting as if they are so virtuous with their little bird-like appetites, while the rest of us are just a bunch of pigs because we are enjoying our food without complaining. Then, in spite of their complaining, they still manage to out-eat everyone, and then they complain that they ate too much, have indigestion, or another whole litany of problems solely of their own making.

Why spoil a festive mood with such useless drivel? It's a special occasion, and no one would expect to eat like this every day anyway. Why not be grateful instead of complaining? If it really is too much food, express GRATITUDE or at least keep quiet, don't eat so much, and save some for another meal. What gets me is that the biggest complainers are often overweight. Why can't they either take their own advice about not eating too much or just keep quiet and let others enjoy a good meal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 09:17 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,913,334 times
In all the things to get worked up about, you are choosing this?

Old 11-27-2015, 09:26 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,781,164 times
You seem a little prickly and thin-skinned. I wonder what they are posting about YOU this morning?

Old 11-27-2015, 09:29 AM

45,559 posts, read 60,822,331 times
I happen to agree with the OP. There were a few posts the last few days opining what he complained about. It is tiresome.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:40 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,077,407 times
Am also in agreement with the OP.

One time having lunch out with several friends I finished my meal around the same time as everyone else at our table and one gal looked at me, and then at my empty plate and asked, "Was your lunch good"? I replied, "Yes, it was."

She then said, in a very snarky tone, "OBVIOUSLY!!!"

Must be in her opinion if you eat the entire meal you're a glutton?

Old 11-27-2015, 11:00 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,913,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Am also in agreement with the OP.

One time having lunch out with several friends I finished my meal around the same time as everyone else at our table and one gal looked at me, and then at my empty plate and asked, "Was your lunch good"? I replied, "Yes, it was."

She then said, in a very snarky tone, "OBVIOUSLY!!!"

Must be in her opinion if you eat the entire meal you're a glutton?
I guess I don't have meals with such rude people. But I've heard/said "wow this is a lot of food"

Old 11-27-2015, 11:09 AM

51,021 posts, read 36,735,609 times
My grandmother used to say this all the time, but it's one of the things we remember fondly about her. Every restaurant we ever took her to, when her food came her eyes would get big and she'd say "Oh, my! How can one person eat all this? It's so much food!" When she was in a nursing home after a stroke, and the CNAs brought her tray, she'd say the same thing to them and then try to insist they sit down and share it with her.

Now when we go out to eat as a family, someone always says "Oh, my! This is too much food!"

Old 11-27-2015, 12:53 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,084,719 times
I didn't notice at the time, but my brother did say almost the exact same thing yesterday. Then he went back for seconds. Bwahahahah!

Folks always say all sorts of things, if you don't pay too much attention to them unless several of them are fairly persistent about saying the same thing over and over, things are much easier. Unless it's something you don't care what they think about, not caring what they're saying also makes your life a lot easier.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:56 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,926,170 times
It could be worse. My late, unlamented FIL used to complain that it was too much food while he gobbled it all up, then loosen his belt and loudly declare that he was going straight home to take a laxative to get some of it out.

Old 11-27-2015, 01:02 PM

45,559 posts, read 60,822,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
It could be worse. My late, unlamented FIL used to complain that it was too much food while he gobbled it all up, then loosen his belt and loudly declare that he was going straight home to take a laxative to get some of it out.

Class act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships