Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 02:32 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,077,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Among true & real friends tho........there should be no "taboo" subjects IMO..........
I agree, there shouldn't be, but why temp it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 06:00 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,370,888 times
I had to distance myself from someone who I thought was a Godly Christian. He’s a wolf underneath sheep’s clothing. His true colors came out once I got to know him well. Not only he has emotional issues causing him to slam objects against things, he has been fed with a silver spoon all his life so far and will try or wait to get something for free if his daddy doesn’t rush to his rescue.

Old 06-02-2020, 08:01 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,607,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I had to distance myself from someone who I thought was a Godly Christian. He’s a wolf underneath sheep’s clothing. His true colors came out once I got to know him well. Not only he has emotional issues causing him to slam objects against things, he has been fed with a silver spoon all his life so far and will try or wait to get something for free if his daddy doesn’t rush to his rescue.

Are you a christian? I would never try to be friends with somebody who thought they were a "godly christian" in the 1st place......cause they are likely to want to convert you like what happened to O.P.

People that get obsessed about ANYTHING....religion.......jealousy......other people.........internet........food.........are probably not gonna make very good friends IMO. So I wouldn't "lose a friend" like that..........because I wouldn't be friends with somebody like that.^^

BUT....you are much better off being distanced from your friend IMO. Nobody wants an entitled friend. I admire successful people that work hard......AND I run from people that live at home & rely on their parents. Or people that tell their friends how to think......like O.P.s "friend".

Old 06-02-2020, 11:52 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,117,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post

I had to distance myself from someone who I thought was a Godly Christian. ......
Quote:

Are you a christian? I would never try to be friends with somebody who thought they were a "godly christian" in the 1st place......

Godly Christian? Okay, that is a new expression to me, I've never heard the term before. Can somebody please explain to me what is a "Godly Christian"?

Old 06-02-2020, 12:52 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,884,327 times
Anyone who constantly tries to convince you of ANYTHING or influence you to change the way you do things after you explain to them you aren't interested isn't a friend.

Old 06-02-2020, 12:59 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,607,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Godly Christian? Okay, that is a new expression to me, I've never heard the term before. Can somebody please explain to me what is a "Godly Christian"?

I dunno...laughs...that's why I put it in quotation marks. You've have to ask HappyFarm34. I'm not a christian.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:29 PM

13,261 posts, read 8,061,953 times
Quote:

I will attempt to answer this.

Depending on your theological bent, there are Christians who believe in "Once saved always saved". There are others who believe that one can lose their salvation. And there are those who believe or equate baptism with salvation.

If you think about it, all those bents can lend themselves to people misbehaving, and NOT behaving in a way that is pleasing to God. Therefore, a "Godly Christian" would be a person who strives to be a reflection of Christ.

We all slip up. Some more than others. But there ARE people who really try to seek God's guidance and leadership in their lives, and live their lives accordingly. THOSE are people trying to lead a Godly life.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:35 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,117,453 times
A reflection of Christ - that makes more sense to me. Thanks for the explanation SB.

Old 06-02-2020, 02:08 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,370,888 times
Quote:
Are you a christian? I would never try to be friends with somebody who thought they were a "godly christian" in the 1st place......cause they are likely to want to convert you like what happened to O.P.

People that get obsessed about ANYTHING....religion.......jealousy......other people.........internet........food.........are probably not gonna make very good friends IMO. So I wouldn't "lose a friend" like that..........because I wouldn't be friends with somebody like that.^^

BUT....you are much better off being distanced from your friend IMO. Nobody wants an entitled friend. I admire successful people that work hard......AND I run from people that live at home & rely on their parents. Or people that tell their friends how to think......like O.P.s "friend".
Yes, I am a Christian and have other Christian friends. Some are more relaxed about their beliefs than others meaning they respect others for whatever they choose to believe in.

He didn't convert me 'cause I was already one when meeting him. I live with my parents but I don't run to them when I can't afford something. I pay rent and my own bills...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I will attempt to answer this.

Depending on your theological bent, there are Christians who believe in "Once saved always saved". There are others who believe that one can lose their salvation. And there are those who believe or equate baptism with salvation.

If you think about it, all those bents can lend themselves to people misbehaving, and NOT behaving in a way that is pleasing to God. Therefore, a "Godly Christian" would be a person who strives to be a reflection of Christ.

We all slip up. Some more than others. But there ARE people who really try to seek God's guidance and leadership in their lives, and live their lives accordingly. THOSE are people trying to lead a Godly life.
Quote:
A reflection of Christ - that makes more sense to me. Thanks for the explanation SB.
Thanks SB for explaining it well.

Old 06-02-2020, 04:31 PM

13,261 posts, read 8,061,953 times
You know...sometimes I think Christians forget that we are given spiritual gifts, when we accept Christ as our savior. We're not all called to be evangelists. We ARE told to spread the good news, yes...but there are different ways to go about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships