Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 04:58 PM

4,855 posts, read 3,662,440 times

Advertisements

I am a loner, too. I have no burning desire to be around people, chat, go places with them, etc. I am comfortable with myself and don't like experiences diluted by others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 05:14 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,919,029 times
Same here...mschrief

Answer to OP question...no, I usually don't conform to societal norms... tend to break rules but not the law.

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I am a loner, too. I have no burning desire to be around people, chat, go places with them, etc. I am comfortable with myself and don't like experiences diluted by others.

Old 10-30-2017, 05:48 PM

6,315 posts, read 4,223,097 times
I don't know, I do my own thing and I am sure some may see that as rebellious and others don't, it's subjective.

Old 10-30-2017, 06:50 PM

978 posts, read 1,091,019 times
ive talked way more one the internet then irl. im def a loner, kinda sucks. my bf is on the internet and she lives far

Old 10-31-2017, 12:14 PM

4,200 posts, read 3,418,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
OP I take back my earlier suggestion, you are WAY TOO out there for Portland. Or Key West or the Village.
Mismatched clothes and popped collared dress shirts
Holy cow!

I hate to tell you this OP but you may just be too far beyond the pale to ever be understood.
That's OK though, you can be a groundbreaker and others may start to emulate your outrageousness if they ever get up the nerve.
Nobody gets him. He's like the wind, baby.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:38 PM

510 posts, read 372,260 times
I'm a 66 year old man. My hair is past my shoulders. I don't trust our Federal gov't at all. I'm in favor of the legalization of cannabis. I think all wars are stupid and should be considered crime like mass murder. There is proof of defense contractors selling to both sides, so we know wars aren't about freedom. Corporations bribe pols for rights to kill. Corporations have run our gov't for over 100 years. We have a law that any American can be put in prison for 100 years for any reason or no reason. I think anyone who is in denial of these things or thinks they are good needs brain replacement therapy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All In The Family View Post
I may be what you classify as a rebel. Ever since I was little, I was taught to follow the social norms. I dealt with this for how many years, until one day I decided I didn't want to continue conforming to society's social norms. That's were I became a rebel. I feel free, less pressure to fit in and\follow the crowd. Social norms were a pain in the butt. I became a rebel because I wanted to be different. And I succeeded in becoming a rebel. I live by my rules and not society's .

So do you conform to social norms or are you a rebel like me?

Old 10-31-2017, 08:49 PM

510 posts, read 372,260 times
[quote=Sonic_Spork;499770) But you don't have to be a conformist, to be nice, nor an introvert if you're somewhat unusual. I'm extroverted, nice, and often rather odd.[/QUOTE]

You average almost 2 reputations per post, so obviously what you say is appreciated by a great many. Some can't average 1 per post, or average just over 1 reputation per post. So your contributions are more valued.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:54 PM

32,990 posts, read 36,513,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
The answer (my opinion) is in the places where that poster has lived. I see a lot of east coast in there.

I grew up in Northern Virginia, and I used to get annoyed when strangers wished me a nice day. I would actually rant, "Man, she doesn't know me! She doesn't give a (!!) what kind of day I have! Why is everybody so FAKE! I don't need no cashier blowin' sunshine up my (!!)"

Such attitude. Of course part of it was being an angsty teenager, but I do believe very much that part of it was simply where I lived. As I moved further and further west, people were more and more casually friendly, and it rubbed off on me. Now I see the merit in it. It brightens my day and theirs a bit, to simply be nice, even to exchange a little bit of chatter. And I've even made a few fortuitous friends of strangers here and there.

But you don't have to be a conformist, to be nice, nor an introvert if you're somewhat unusual. I'm extroverted, nice, and often rather odd.
You're a spork!

Old 11-01-2017, 08:32 AM

47 posts, read 36,212 times
Is dating a woman much taller and younger than me counts?))

Old 11-01-2017, 08:33 AM

2,894 posts, read 2,461,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSmith76 View Post
Is dating a woman much taller and younger than me counts?))
If it doesn't, it SHOULD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships