Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2016, 09:05 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,262,025 times

Advertisements

Again, their are pads and tampon like things, not just big underwear. I provided a link upthread. Your priorities are seriously screwed up. Seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 09:05 PM

26,661 posts, read 13,823,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Yeah my friend who also has spinal cord damage has to wear them when she goes places she can't immediately get to bathroom. She's also stated how she's had to change her entire wardrobe and can't wear anything cute anymore.

Yes it matters.
I spent all of middle and high school overweight.
I'm not now. It's not fair. I don't want to put on a pair of depends and have to put on pants that will hide them.
You can't wear leggings and depends.
Depends also means conservative clothing because that all that will hide them.
Loose fitting shorts, pants etc.

Seriously if the rest of my life is going to be this miserable then I'd like to be stuck dead already.
I didn't just spend majority of my like with image issues to finally be ok with myself and not be able to wear the clothes I waited so long to be able to fit into.

I rather just end it all than make those changes.
I don't want that life, it's not me, it's not who I am.

Use Pads and carry a change of clothes with you. Quit being so dramatic.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:08 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,532,083 times
Quote:
Yeah my friend who also has spinal cord damage has to wear them when she goes places she can't immediately get to bathroom. She's also stated how she's had to change her entire wardrobe and can't wear anything cute anymore.

Yes it matters.
I'm not now. It's not fair. I don't want to put on a pair of depends and have to put on pants that will hide them.

Seriously if the rest of my life is going to be this miserable then I'd like to be stuck dead already.
I didn't just spend majority of my like with image issues to finally be ok with myself and not be able to wear the clothes I waited so long to be able to fit into.

"Don't want to wear Depends" is not a valid reason to receive disability.

I'm still waiting to hear about this awesome new career.

You never know, I may need to change things up at some point, and I'm too young to retire so....do share!

Old 01-05-2016, 09:14 PM

Quote:
I'm not dealing with my injuries very well.
Not accepting it. Don't want to.
Honestly, your whining, excuses and grandiose future plans hasn't changed one iota since you started posting. What were you then 17-18? Same old same old. The accident is just one more excuse. If it wasn't that, it'd be something else.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:15 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,990,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Use Pads and carry a change of clothes with you. Quit being so dramatic.
How is a pad going to soak up an accident?
Or be comfortable to wear all day?
I seriously haven't used pads since I was 16.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
How is a pad going to soak up an accident?
Or be comfortable to wear all day?
I seriously haven't used pads since I was 16.
No.one.cares.

"I don't wanna" is not a disability.

Suck it up and look into actual careers.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:23 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,264,701 times
Quote:

Yes it matters.

A friend of mine suffered serious brain damage in a car accident and now functions at the level of an 8 year old. He has a college degree, was employed full time at a professional job, married with two kids. Now, he is in a group home with full time supervision, his wife divorced him and his kids can do many things that he is not capable of doing anymore. He receives disability just like you are trying to get. And, he deserves it as he is completely unable to work anymore.

Guess what? He does not whine and complain that he doesn't "want that life, it's not me, it's not who I am". He is just thankful that he is not dead and thankful that he has a place to live and food to eat and thankful that he sees his family on a regular basis.

And, you are whining because you can't wear "cute clothes"! (which is actually not correct) Sheesh! Grow up!

Old 01-05-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I'm hoping for a second surgery to fix what the surgeon didn't and to take the metal out. The metal hurts my back so much it's not funny. I can feel it constantly.
Best way to get that done?

A job that has health insurance.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:03 AM

48,632 posts, read 35,104,822 times
Quote:
Not outside of a career, if I chose a career that suffocating.
Outside of a job who's going to tell me what to do?
Government, your debtors, doctors, disability clerks, insurance people, employers, your BF if he becomes so inclined (you have no income so you are definitely not in a position of power), almost everyone.

You take no responsibility for yourself so you relinquish your control to everyone else.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-06-2016, 12:59 AM

884 posts, read 1,175,714 times
OP it could be so much worse.

You could be so brain damaged that you can't even take care of yourself and never be the same person again. This is near and dear to me. I am related to someone who suffered a closed head injury after a car accident. She was never the same. She can't live on her own. She could no longer care for her child who grew up without either parent in her life (her father was killed in the crash). Read germaine's post above me, about her friend in the car crash that now has to live in a group home and lost his job and marriage because of a car crash. That could've easily happened to you. It may not seem like it, but you were lucky to get out of the crash as you did. You have an incredible opportunity to rebuild your life and you are squandering it complaining about what DID happen. That's why people are so upset. But I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears like all the other posts...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships