Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2016, 12:03 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,977,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I thought you had sever PTSD and couldn't drive anymore?
Yeah. I keep my driving to my grandmothers or the grocery store, even driving then makes me anxious.
I'd have to do it.
We each have a vehicle and then there's the work vehicle. He'd tow one and I'd drive the other.
No other way to do it. I'd have to suck it up for one drive. Last time I drove I broke down crying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 12:12 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,839,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Yeah. I keep my driving to my grandmothers or the grocery store, even driving then makes me anxious.
I'd have to do it.
We each have a vehicle and then there's the work vehicle. He'd tow one and I'd drive the other.
No other way to do it. I'd have to suck it up for one drive. Last time I drove I broke down crying.
Poor you. So who got you a new car when you smashed your other one into someone when you weren't paying attention? What's it like driving on muscle relaxers and pain killers? Hopefully you don't not off!

Old 01-05-2016, 12:19 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,763,287 times
Quote:
I'd have to do it.

If you are only home one week out of every month and you hardly drive, why do you need your own car? Can't you and the boyfriend share a car? The money saved could go towards your new apartment.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Poor you. So who got you a new car when you smashed your other one into someone when you weren't paying attention? What's it like driving on muscle relaxers and pain killers? Hopefully you don't not off!
Hence why I said I don't drive, clearly I can plan if I need to drive.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:21 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,654,962 times
Quote:
I'd have to do it.
Are you talking to a therapist to help you deal with the PTSD?

Old 01-05-2016, 12:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,203,663 times
Quote:
People have to suck it up every.single.day and deal with FAR worse things than you have. Does the self-pity party never end for you?

You are not special. You will not be able to coast through life playing the poor me card. Get clean. Get a job. Get insurance. Grow up. Pay your own way. The taxpayers shouldn't get stuck paying for someone with a "disability" who is out seeing Rushmore, enjoying campfires on the beach and having the "time of her life" on our dime. It takes a lot of hutzpah to try and sell yourself as disabled when you are out enjoying yourself sight-seeing.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
If you are only home one week out of every month and you hardly drive, why do you need your own car? Can't you and the boyfriend share a car? The money saved could go towards your new apartment.
I've had my car since insurance gave me money for a new one.
His truck means a lot to him but my car is the safer vehicle, plus his is stick so if I HAD to drive it I couldn't.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
People have to suck it up every.single.day and deal with FAR worse things than you have. Does the self-pity party never end for you?

You are not special. You will not be able to coast through life playing the poor me card. Get clean. Get a job. Get insurance. Pay your own way. The taxpayers shouldn't get stuck paying for someone with a "disability" case who is out seeing Rushmore, enjoying campfires on the beach and having the "time of her life" on our dime.
Lol on YOUR dime?
That's hilarious. I've gotten to go all these places because of the job. The job pays for it.
The only reason we got to see Mt.Rushmore is because we were in the northwest and had to go to SD. We drove right past it. It would have been stupid to not stop, which we only did for like 30 minutes. We went and took pictures and left. Everything I've gotten to see has been because the job. My disability wouldn't pay for us to travel. It would pay for MY portion of our bills.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:29 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,763,287 times
Quote:
I've had my car since insurance gave me money for a new one.
His truck means a lot to him but my car is the safer vehicle, plus his is stick so if I HAD to drive it I couldn't.

That's ridiculous. Sell your car and learn to drive stick or sell both your car and his truck and buy a safe, automatic vehicle for you to share. Having two cars in your situation doesn't make sense financially. I thought you were anti-materialism anyway? Your boyfriend should put finances, safety a budget and your future ahead of his love for his truck.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:29 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,192,444 times
Quote:
Lol on YOUR dime?
That's hilarious. I've gotten to go all these places because of the job. The job pays for it.
The only reason we got to see Mt.Rushmore is because we were in the northwest and had to go to SD. We drove right past it. It would have been stupid to not stop, which we only did for like 30 minutes. We went and took pictures and left. Everything I've gotten to see has been because the job. My disability wouldn't pay for us to travel. It would pay for MY portion of our bills.
Tell me... Without the taxpayer dime, how could you have all that time off to travel? The taxpayers dime would allow you to not work, not pay your own way, and therefore have time on your hands to travel. without our dime, you couldn't do that.

Last edited by Kibbiekat; 01-05-2016 at 12:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships