Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2016, 10:10 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,994,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
If I were your great-grandmother, you would be. I'd drop you off at the local shelter and say Bye Felicia!

Maybe then you'll understand how lucky you've been all these years.
Or he and I could just pack up our stuff in his truck and my car and leave.
I'd say being put in a car and driven to a homeless shelter would be very counter productive to me moving my things out and leaving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 10:11 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,502,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I'd say being put in a car and driven to a homeless shelter would be very counter productive to me moving my things out and leaving.

No, it wouldn't, because you won't leave.

By the time you made it back to the house on your own dime, I'd have all your junk out on the street, and the cops called. I'd have taken pictures & video of your weed stash, any guns, and any other drugs I find, and reported you as a drug dealer.

With any luck, you'd both go to jail, and since you have nothing of your own, you wouldn't be able to get out.

I can only hope your great-grandmother gets to this point.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:11 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,484,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Thank GOD you came back to clarify these points. I've been pacing the hallways of my home, wondering if you were going to come back and update us all so we know that you are OK.

Let me clue you in on something. A vast percentage of people reading and responding to your posts here are doing so as simple entertainment and/or as a reminder of how fortunate they are to *not* be as screwed up and devoid of priorities as you are. You don't see this of course, because you sit high atop a pedestal in a cloud of denial.

You could really benefit from some tough love. So here goes:

Grow up, get off the internet, stop mooching off your family, get a real job, get off the drugs, and stop vomiting your drama for complete strangers. Have some pride.
Boom!!! *mic drop*

Old 01-05-2016, 10:27 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,840,899 times
Quote:

Why don't you? It doesn't take months to plan for a move. Unless of course you have no money to rent a place. If you have no money for a place then you'll either continue to mooch off of Grandma and that means dealing with her comments or you can live in your car. Those are your choices.

Last edited by MissTerri; 01-05-2016 at 10:40 AM..

Old 01-05-2016, 10:33 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,861,441 times
Quote:
I thought you had sever PTSD and couldn't drive anymore?

Old 01-05-2016, 10:52 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,994,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
No, it wouldn't, because you won't leave.

By the time you made it back to the house on your own dime, I'd have all your junk out on the street, and the cops called. I'd have taken pictures & video of your weed stash, any guns, and any other drugs I find, and reported you as a drug dealer.

With any luck, you'd both go to jail, and since you have nothing of your own, you wouldn't be able to get out.

I can only hope your great-grandmother gets to this point.
I don't deal drugs so you'd be false reporting and a person who lies.
I may be immature but at least I'm honest.
I also LEGALLY own a shot gun.

Are you kidding me? Do you even know the law?
You can't just lie to the cops and you can't try and get people arrested for things they legally own.
You are crazy.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:02 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,293,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind spot View Post
I trip over my feet all the time and this actually freaks me out. How's your husband doing now? I know traumatic brain injuries have quite a range and some people go mostly back to normal while others are never the same. I have a relative who suffers from a TBI after a car accident many years ago and she was never the same.

Anyway I quoted your post to agree that you can find accommodations quickly if needed. I've done it twice. After moving from MI to CA, my bf and I found an apartment and we were moved in within 10 days (of course we took longer buying furniture and such because we'd come from our parents' homes without all the house furniture one typically has). And when I moved to my current state, my BF and I came out a month before leaving CA and found a place to rent in a week. Luckily I had been planning for the actual move for awhile and had thus arranged for our stuff to be packed up and delivered. But...we found the actual rental in a week. And that is quite common for this area. If you wait too long the rental gets snapped up, especially a house. Some people would not even rent to us because they could get someone in sooner than we were moving (about a month). So it's not unheard of at all.
My husband will likely need 24/7 supervision for the rest of his life. Hopefully, I will be able to care for him at home, as memory care units, in my area, cost a minimum of $60,000 to $70,000 a year.

To everyone out there: be very careful when you are walking down the stairs to get a snack during the middle of the night.

Quote:

Since you were not paying rent for three years, I am sure that you have saved the money for the first month's rent, the last month's rent, the security deposit plus the extra security deposit because you have dogs. Then you can easily find a place and move in one week like I did (and other people are able to do).

Oh, you haven't saved up enough money to pay all those up front expenses? Then you may have a problem.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:31 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,283,519 times
Quote:
What have I been droning on about that's material?
My whole original post was about older generations in my family still trying control and boss around.
First not letting my brother and his girlfriend stay the night and then yelling at me for being asleep with my phone on vibrate....as if at 26 I can't effing decide to turn the volume down on my own phone.

You all turned this into what I'm doing wrong.
That's not how I wrote the first post. The first post was written to focus on my family over stepping their bounds and telling grown ass adults what to do.

My whole original post was about them pushing bounds and how I'm distancing myself from everyone.

My great grandmother tries to tell me what I can and can't wear. Won't stop on stuff like personal freedoms. Very very prudish. Everything is too short or too tight and I don't even dress like a hoochie.
My grandmother tells me what to do on Facebook. Don't cuss, you shouldn't share that, that's not appropriate. And my mom when she was in town started givin me orders and telling me what I could and couldn't do.
I'm 26 and don't have to answer to anyone, it makes it miserable to just try and hang out and be left feeling like I'm 16 again with the crap they bother me about.
Your gma gets to boss you around when it comes to matters concerning the house you live in for free, in which your only job is to maintain said house. She had every reason to worry that you'd miss the repairman.

The rest is just annoying older generation stuff. My grandma used to comment on my hair, clothes, etc. It's an annoyance, not something to get all angry about.

Quote:
So if you don't have a job you're a child?
Tell a SAHM that.

My mom as far as I'm concerned has zero place to tell me what to do. Zero financial ties and I live 1100 miles away from her.
My grandmother and great grandmother can only tell me what to do when it comes to the house... What I can do it, etc
Her house her rules, that doesn't include clothes, piercings or any other decision I make.
Means she can tell me not to paint the outside a certain color, not how short or tight my stuff is or what piercings I have.
line. Crossed. Don't you dare compare your situation to that of a sahm. Your story is all contradictions. You can't have it both ways. You can't spend 3/4 weeks traveling and claim to be doing you job of maintaining the house.

You almost died, except for when you didn't.

You remodeled the bathroom in a house that will be torn down for commercial development.

You are going to wake up and be 30 in the blink of an eye and have nothing to show for yourself.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:42 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,840,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post

You are going to wake up and be 30 in the blink of an eye and have nothing to show for yourself.

This is too true. I see adults all the time who just seem to scrape by in much the same way as the op, couch surfing and taking advantage of whatever they can without ever really taking any true responsibility for themselves and their future. It's not cute.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:49 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,254,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
line. Crossed. Don't you dare compare your situation to that of a sahm. Your story is all contradictions. You can't have it both ways. You can't spend 3/4 weeks traveling and claim to be doing you job of maintaining the house.

You almost died, except for when you didn't.

You remodeled the bathroom in a house that will be torn down for commercial development.

....and then 40.....and then 50....

In the meantime, potential employers (when it finally hits OP that she needs a job) will look at the fact that she has not worked, with little excuse, and take a pass on her. Someone may hire her - but it's not going to be a good job. No education, no real skills, shaky work history, lots of whining about problems.

GGM's house now and GM's house eventually will be sold. Proceeds will go towards their care. OP, who has been hanging out trying to inherit (rather than work) will find that there is nothing left.

I have also heard that disability is becoming more difficult to get. The scammers are being weeded out better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships