Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 01:13 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,699,775 times

Advertisements

Tell your friend that she needs to stop being so possessive. Tell your friend to go get laid and stop controlling you. In plain English tell her to get a life. It's time u stand up to her. You do not have to take this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 02:16 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,204,558 times
Get a new roommate. Pronto.

Old 01-19-2016, 02:17 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpuffgirly View Post
Why do you guys think it is that bad? :O
This is why:

Quote:
I just feels like she is controlling and acts like a posessive husband.

I just feel like she gets super angry whenever I don't do what she says.

She went mad and yelled at me because I didn't wanna go. Told me I was complicating things and stuff like that.

I just feel like she is forcing me to stay there with her. I know she doesn't like to be alone but I just want to stay at home sometimes and have privacy and stuff but everytime I get thursdays and fridays free I am scared to go home earlier than saturday just because she might go mad at me.

I am just scared to do ANYTHING cause I might make her go mad at me.

After I came back from my boyfriend and went back to the city with her she complained that I was texting my bf too much and didn't talk to her.

She sometimes complains that she has to stand my sh*t and I tell her that I can move out from there because she doesn't have to stay with me if she doesn't want to but then she says she stands my sh*t because she loves me. She sometimes makes me feel insecure

I know I hate to live with her but I don't know she might feel the same.

I am just sick of all these fears. I am scared to go home cause she might go mad, I am scared to chat to my bf cause she might go bad.. And she is really touchy too.

Oh, and I would say that she's either a lesbian, bisexual, "experimenting," or she's just that way with you. But she's certainly interested in you as more than a friend.!Moderator cut: delete

Quote:
She wants me to cuddle her sometimes and she touches private parts sometimes

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-19-2016 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: deleted the orphaned response

Old 01-19-2016, 03:32 PM

465 posts, read 614,155 times
You deserve better. I would drop her. She is not your friend and sounds mentally abusive by telling you you can't do things without her. This almost makes me think to the show, Snapped. Scary.

Old 01-19-2016, 06:08 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:

I just feel like she gets super angry whenever I don't do what she says.

She went mad and yelled at me because I didn't wanna go.

I get thursdays and fridays free I am scared to go home earlier than saturday just because she might go mad at me.

I am just scared to do ANYTHING cause I might make her go mad at me.

I don't know why I am so scared of her.

She sometimes complains that she has to stand my sh*t and I tell her that I can move out from there because she doesn't have to stay with me if she doesn't want to but then she says she stands my sh*t because she loves me.

I know I hate to live with her but I don't know she might feel the same.

I am just sick of all these fears. I am scared to go home cause she might go mad, I am scared to chat to my bf cause she might go bad. WTF. And she is really touchy too. She wants me to cuddle her sometimes and she touches sometimes my **** or ass and say that they are too small and things like that.
/
What's the problem ?

Old 01-19-2016, 06:32 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,310,719 times
Op, Your "bf" is abusive. If you were my daughter I would tell you to move out ASAP. She is controlling, yells and you. You are afraid of her and scared when she gets mad. That is no life for you. You owe her nothing. Men are not the only ones who can be abusers or control freaks.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:15 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,116,372 times
^^^^ THIS - over and over.

Your roommate is not your friend, she is clearly your abuser. Move out now. Figure some other living situation, even if it's temporary. Get your own place, find a hostel, check with the uni to see what help they can give you - but GET OUT NOW.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:37 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
She's possessive. She either likes you romantically and is jealous of your BF and upset that you don't feel the same about her; or she doesn't have many friends and relies on you for her entire social life, and is jealous you have a BF and she doesn't. No, you aren't supposed to hate your best friend.

FWIW I went all the way through college with a couple different girls who turned out to be lesbians. I don't remember one of them ever having a BF, but one had a steady BF for probably all 4 years of college.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:41 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,420,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
" Is it normal to hate my best friend so much? "

'Hate' and 'best friend' should not be used together.
This is not normal.
This!

Old 01-19-2016, 09:07 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
Dump her and walk away. No one should make you feel like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships