Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 12:44 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,036,434 times

Advertisements

You should get off social media as you are not stable enough to be able to use it objectively. Try going outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 12:53 PM

1,431 posts, read 913,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thalia.leighton View Post
EVERYBODY cyber-stalks, it's not a big deal. You've probably cyber-stalked people too. It's a way of finding info
First you said you're not a creepy stalker, then in the very next paragraph you say you cyber-stalked the girl. Stalking in general is a creepy activity, so you sound like a weirdo that needs social skills.

Also, "EVERYBODY" doesn't cyber-stalk like you thought:

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
No, everyone does not cyber-stalk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
No. We are adults. And we don't leak nude photos of our friends, either.

You seriously need help, not friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Stop generalizing. The capitalization infers that you do this on a regular basis. 'EVERYBODY' is not needy enough to 'cyber stalk' a stranger.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:56 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,204,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I was able to find a snippet of a post that has since been deleted:

"I leaked these nude photos of a friend and now I'm..."
Actually, that says good things about the other kids. I keep hearing stories of girls being cyber-bullied when nude photos are leaked of them. In this case, the school turned against the leaker. Kudos to them.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:59 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,952,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thalia.leighton View Post
EVERYBODY cyber-stalks, it's not a big deal. You've probably cyber-stalked people too. It's a way of finding info
I've never cyber-stalked anyone, nor do I have any interest in doing so. There is no one that I find even remotely interesting enough to cyber-stalk.

You need to examine why you think that is normal, though I am only 50/50% that this is a legitimate thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Actually, that says good things about the other kids. I keep hearing stories of girls being cyber-bullied when nude photos are leaked of them. In this case, the school turned against the leaker. Kudos to them.
Agreed. Her being shunned and marginalized by the other students shows a surprising degree of ethics and morality for teenagers.

Old 02-05-2016, 01:18 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,454,681 times
There are some people in this world who really should NOT have internet access. Period. For any reason.

I think she is one of those people.

This is just - unbelievable is the only way I know how to put it.

Old 02-05-2016, 03:08 PM

997 posts, read 1,061,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post

You should not use your name because it is way too easy for someone to track you down. Using your mother's maiden name doesn't make it much more difficult, especially now that you've said what you've done. Someone with nefarious intent could find you very easily, and based on what you've already posted here, which seems to be a vulnerability and an overwhelming desire to be 'friends' even with people you've never met in Real Life, you could even be seen as an easy victim.

You are nowhere near cautious enough. Actually, by giving up your mother's maiden name you have made it easier to identify you with *more* certainty...if any of this is true...and, given that 'Thalia' is the mythological Greek Muse of Comedy, I kind of have to wonder...

#HavingAHardTimeBelievingThisIsReal
Agree 100% with you Zymer... that was my initial impression, but on the off chance this was for real, I wanted to offer helpful advice rather than declare this a trolling attempt. Whatever the case may be, no one should ever use any personally identifying information on a public forum.

Old 02-05-2016, 03:12 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
OP, the title of your thread says it all: You were rejected on social media by someone you thought was your friend. You thought she was your friend but she wasn't, and to make that clear to you she rejected you on social media. I'm not sure where the issue is.

Old 02-05-2016, 03:22 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,910,434 times
People, this is a high school kid you are talking to here. You are bordering on bullying a kid.

I think everyone should lighten up a bit on her and be a bit more understanding. She probably doesn't have parents she can talk to about this stuff, and all the adults here giving her a hard time are not helping her any.

She's just a kid who is struggling with boundaries.

Old 02-05-2016, 03:54 PM

1,431 posts, read 913,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
People, this is a high school kid you are talking to here. You are bordering on bullying a kid.

I think everyone should lighten up a bit on her and be a bit more understanding. She probably doesn't have parents she can talk to about this stuff, and all the adults here giving her a hard time are not helping her any.

She's just a kid who is struggling with boundaries.
This kind of thinking is the problem with today's society. If you tell someone something they don't like, it's "bullying" or "hating" or some other nonsense because no one has any skin and no one is allowed to voice an opinion if it hasn't been watered down to spare feelings. I miss the days when older folks would check your actions and straight up tell you that you're outta line without fear of being reprimanded by a bunch of snowballs that need safe zones.

Do you cyber-stalk people you've never even met? Do you release nude photos of your "friend"? If you condone these actions, then you're encouraging irrational behaviors like these by default...which contributes to the problem.

Old 02-05-2016, 04:12 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,910,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
This kind of thinking is the problem with today's society. If you tell someone something they don't like, it's "bullying" or "hating" or some other nonsense because no one has any skin and no one is allowed to voice an opinion if it hasn't been watered down to spare feelings. I miss the days when older folks would check your actions and straight up tell you that you're outta line without fear of being reprimanded by a bunch of snowballs that need safe zones.

Do you cyber-stalk people you've never even met? Do you release nude photos of your "friend"? If you condone these actions, then you're encouraging irrational behaviors like these by default...which contributes to the problem.
Go back through the posts... where she was told that is was good she was marginalized by her peers; where she was called a weirdo; where she was called mentally unstable; where she was compared to a six year old; where she was called a psycho; where she was compared to the crazy lady in Misery; where she was called a serious stalker.

You think treating a kid in this manner is good? If so, I feel very sorry for you and any kids that you might have.

If there is anything wrong with "today's society", it is because it comes from a tradition of abuse towards kids. If anything, taking issue and realizing that it is wrong to fling bullsh!t like this towards a high school kid is what will make society better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships